Aeraun's Build

Aeraun

So, since my rig has been progressing a bit and I actually have some mods to put in a build thread, I have finally decided to post one.

My rig is a 2012 JKU Altitude Edition. Picked it up last June and went on my first wheeling trip over this past summer and have been going about once a month since to Rausch Creek with the East Coast crew. (Some of which are simply known as the Douchebags). Anyway, this is my first Jeep and I'm absolutely loving it.

Here are some stock pics:

1385668428148.jpg
1385668464166.jpg
1385668483665.jpg
1385668505003.jpg
1385668549756.jpg
1385668576425.jpg

I started the build a bit slow - looking to do things in stages. First went with exhaust and intake - both AFE

1385668670027.jpg

I wasn't sure where I was gona go when it came to lifts but of course I needed bigger tires. Went with 33" Trail Grapplers on 17" Pro Comp Series 7068 rims with Daystar leveling kit

1385668781212.jpg

I have since picked up some miscellaneous items - KC HiLites on the A pillars, Rugged Ridge light guard kit, Teraflex steering stabilizer with Snergy relocation bracket, CB with Firestik II antenna, Daystar under dash switch panel and switches, Dirty Dog cargo net, WeatherTech rain guards, recovery strap, fire extinguisher, Rockhard 4x4 oil pan skid plate, and of course a Wayalife windshield banner.

Here are some more pics:

1385669398126.jpg
1385669426666.jpg
1385669500012.jpg
1385669535212.jpg
1385669560537.jpg
1385669579774.jpg

After some researching a debate I decided to pull the trigger on a lift. Went with the 3" EVO Enforcer with drag link flip and Bilstein 5100 shocks. Pics to be posted in following posts.

As for future plans:

Poison Spyder Brawler lite front bumper with stinger
PS brawler rockers
PS brawler rear bumper with tire carrier (either 1st or 2nd gen - can't decide yet)
PS crusher flares (steel)
35" Trail Grapplers
Re-gear, gussets, ARB air lockers and onboard air.
Rockhard 4x4 T-case and fuel tank skids and roll cage.
Bestop Trek top

Then possibly way down the road:

PR44s
4" EVO lift
37" Trail Grapplers
ATX Slabs.

So far owning a Jeep has been a great experience and I want to put out a thank you to Eddie for providing us with this forum and for giving me a means to meet the wonderful people I have been meeting in the Jeep community. Oh yeh, and thanks for all those kick ass videos that inspired me to get a Jeep in the first place.

Thanks for looking.

The Force will be with you.... always

Last edited:

Aeraun

Now before I post this, let me put out a very special thanks for ScottC, KP, Dr. Mr. Jkmadness and Nate Bruno, for helping me with the lift install. Nate to you especially. I met you once on one Rausch Creek trip and a few weeks later I'm staying over your house and letting you take saws and a welder to my rig - but that's a perfect example of what this is all about.

My lift : 3" EVO Enforcer with drag link flip and Bilstein 5100s

1385670452794.jpg

Also picked up a J.E. Reel 1350 front DS

1385670481716.jpg

As you may notice the front yoke is not there. I didn't receive it for whatever reason and my noobass didn't realize until we went to install it. I called Reel up and it is being shipped atm.

Also picked up these PS Bombshell diff covers

1385670582023.jpg

Now for the few action shots I got while my hands were free:

1385670619463.jpg
1385670638143.jpg
1385670715600.jpg
1385670778559.jpg
1385670792755.jpg
1385670808075.jpg
1385670820421.jpg

And the finished product:

1385670845915.jpg
1385670858916.jpg

The pics don't really do it any justice, the thing looks beastly in person and I'm loving the ride. So much better than stock, feels a little like my mother's Cadillac lol

I still have some things to iron out - reposition steering wheel, EVO HD sway links, make quick discos, and get the driveshaft and front diff cover on.

Again, a serious thank you to the douchebag wrenching team :beer:

Tackerdown

Banned
That's awesome Rocco and who was the douchebag that parked next to a fire hydrant. Sorry had to work douchebag in there somehow. I'm still saying it and drives the wife nuts . lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Aeraun

Thanks guys. Put the hard top on today. Love how the all black looks

1385845520308.jpg

Aeraun

Aww dang I would have loved to come down and lend another set of hands.

Honestly Balls the lift was an almost total spur of the moment thing. Told Nate I had my lift and he invited us down to do some wrenching. We did have a blast though. Can't wait to wheel with it again

Sent from my phone?

bl17z90

Hey Rocco can you take me for a ride next trip? I had mentioned to Heather that a couple people got the plush ride springs and say thry are way better than stock and that I wanted to try some and she asked why I hadn't already bought a set :Wide Eyed and Scare: so after the shock of her saying that wore off I decided I would see if someone would let me ride along from Echo Valley to the etaging area and see if I like the feel and if I did then pull the trigger.

Sent from my phone?

jkmadness

Hey Rocco can you take me for a ride next trip? I had mentioned to Heather that a couple people got the plush ride springs and say thry are way better than stock and that I wanted to try some and she asked why I hadn't already bought a set :Wide Eyed and Scare: so after the shock of her saying that wore off I decided I would see if someone would let me ride along from Echo Valley to the etaging area and see if I like the feel and if I did then pull the trigger.

Sent from my phone?

You should ask hinrichs, the wheelbase on a 4 door makes the ride a lot smoother and give you a false sense of what you'll get out of them

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Nice job on your JK. Can't wait to get started on my mods.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bl17z90

You should ask hinrichs, the wheelbase on a 4 door makes the ride a lot smoother and give you a false sense of what you'll get out of them

I would only problem is I have yet to meet him. Hes always ln the trips that I don't go on and I'm on the ones hes not there for. Makes it a little difficult to ask if i can ride along :bleh:

Sent from my phone?

Aeraun

Sent from my phone?

Sure thing Balls. Not sure if I'm gona be on the next trip but next time I see you if you are still interested I'll take you for a ride

Nice job on your JK. Can't wait to get started on my mods.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you :thumbup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would only problem is I have yet to meet him. Hes always ln the trips that I don't go on and I'm on the ones hes not there for. Makes it a little difficult to ask if i can ride along :bleh:

Sent from my phone?

From experience riding in his all I can say is they are amazing! Very very smooth ride.

Sent from my iPhone

Aeraun

J.E. Reel sent my front yoke out and I got it today, hopefully I'll be putting the driveshaft on soon

1386022755693.jpg

Aeraun

Finally received this gem in the mail yesterday. Gotta say I am actually very impressed with it - wasn't sure what kind of quality to expect. I'm looking forward to collecting more. Now I just gotta figure out where to put it.

1387489421591.jpg

Top Bottom