engine upgrade

LIKEITHIGH

ive got a price under 3000 for a v8 corvette engine to be installed in my 07 jk. I was just researching if 3000 was a good price or not. it would include the new computer needed and the transmission adapter and the engine and the installation. anyone have any thoughts, cause im tired of a v6 that should save you on gas money, but I swear mine has to work so hard that I think I would get better gas mileage out of the v8.

2k13jk

3000 to install a corvette engine is extremely cheap but what year vette motor is it and whos installing and what are they doing on the install (exhaust driveshafts wiring)?

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
I would be a little suspicious, for that cheap the motor is probably high for miles, and needs to be rebuilt(assuming it's an LS3) what tranny? Adapter to xfer case? Mounts, brackets, SS shorty headers, custom hi flow radiator, stubby harmonic balancer.... Unless your doing this work yourself, fabricating everything yourself, and getting free parts.... It's not possible to do under 10k.... Adds up fast, if you are doing your research, double check this

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/engine/129-1202-ls-engines-dream-swap-or-nightmare/

When I put a fuel injected SB 427 in my 84 CJ, after I was completely done I was over 18k... Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

dahreno

Banned
I think you know 3 grand is dirt cheap , that's why you posted here . That being said , is it smog legal in your state ? Who will be doing the work , Corky the shade tree mech. ? LOL ! All the questions the above people asked apply .

Top Bottom