Interior lights

Millsy

My 2007 JK Unlimited is a black hole inside. I'm certain that there should be small green lights in the power window switches and I have to think that there should be some lighting down on the shifter (PRND), 4 wheel drive transfer case, and cupholders. Am I wrong?
Can't find cup holders or anything in the middle at night. The only lights I have are in the heat/ac controls

If there should be bulb in these places does anyone know what size/type or if not does anyone have any interior lighting ideas to share? Maybe some small LEDs to emit a muted green light in the centre stack and console area?

JKFlyer

My 2007 JK Unlimited is a black hole inside. I'm certain that there should be small green lights in the power window switches and I have to think that there should be some lighting down on the shifter (PRND), 4 wheel drive transfer case, and cupholders. Am I wrong?
Can't find cup holders or anything in the middle at night. The only lights I have are in the heat/ac controls

If there should be bulb in these places does anyone know what size/type or if not does anyone have any interior lighting ideas to share? Maybe some small LEDs to emit a muted green light in the centre stack and console area?

there have been many posts about getting very low voltage led lights (pick up at pepboys or the like) and installing under glove box area and drivers side too. just need to wire them in to the right power source. google Jeep JK interior led lighting and I am sure yu will find many threads. need to wire up to a switch. fun one -nighter project. otherwise, sounds like you have some bulbs out. My wife's old grand cherokee (2005) had several bulbs go but they were built in to the panels so not so easy to change

good luck

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My '07 JK didn't have any of those lights but my '13 does. Are you guessing because you've seen the new JK's with lights in those areas?

Rccrwlr

Our 08' JKUR has lights in the window control switches but they are very dim. So dim that I can't see them when I drive (I like the dash lights as low as they can go). I also have the PRND lights as well. No cup holder lights but that would be nice. Try turning your dash lights up to max and see if they are just as dim on your JK.
There are a few threads of people putting brighter LEDs inside the window controls and putting lights in the foot wells. Take a stroll around the forum and you should find a few. I will post any if I find them

--Rccrwlr

Millsy

Thanks for all the info. I just downloaded the "service CD-ROM" so I can see where the light goes and the wiring for it (at least in the shifter bezel). SInce it's an 07 I'm not surprised the bulbs are toast so I'll spend some time gathering up some replacements via Canadian Tire or Partsource for now.

For sure will have to add some additional lighting to get my cupholders (Front and Back) to be easily seen and then we'll be good to go.

For now it's on to some stereo "improvements" as I work to make my Jeep exactly what I want.

Top Bottom