coilover kits

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hands down, EVO has the best bolt on and weld on coil over kit - period.

The bolt on kit is only $3600 including coil overs, offers 12" of vertical travel up front, 11.25" of vertical travel in the rear and is totally reversible. The only real down side is that the rear coil overs are mounted low on the axle and exposed to rocks. Still, they are higher up than the competition and positioned more vertically than then too providing a better falling rate.

The EVO DTD with EVO Lever weld in kit is without question, the best coil over kit you can get bar none. No other kit out there offers a true 14" of vertical travel front and rear with bypass shocks and without cutting into the tube or leaving your coil overs hanging low on the axle. No other kit will allow you to do all this and still retain a low stance and no other kit out there can say that it's an Ultra4 race proven design. The biggest downside to the EVO DTD and EVO Lever is it's price tag. But, you do get what you pay for.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And that animal would be me, sleeping outside like a dog, after my wife divorces me for spending 15k on a suspension upgrade....but it doesn't mean I won't try :D

LOL!! You could always just do the mounts and run a single coil over on it. When you can afford to sneak in a bit more, add the bypass shocks. Other than the ride, she may never even notice. :D

CaliCrusher

LOL!! You could always just do the mounts and run a single coil over on it. When you can afford to sneak in a bit more, add the bypass shocks. Other than the ride, she may never even notice. :D

That's a good point. She's pretty competitive, so when we do the newbie run next weekend and she sees all the other lifted jeep looking 'gnarlier' than ours, I may get the green light! :thumbup:

tapcola

I know you guys are pro EVO hear but what about the Rebel Recon set up ? The EVO lever is nice no doubt but you have to re locate the muffler right ?

pastorwug

I know you guys are pro EVO hear but what about the Rebel Recon set up ? The EVO lever is nice no doubt but you have to re locate the muffler right ?

You know there are probably a half-dozen threads on this subject already. Go to the top of the thread in the "Search" header and type in Coilover, you'll get a bunch of hits - start reading, it's entertaining at points and very informational at most points.

You think we're all just EVO fans - well there's some Rebel Recon fans here and they don't mind saying so.

Good luck, and welcome to WAYALIFE.

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Hands down, EVO has the best bolt on and weld on coil over kit - period.

The bolt on kit is only $3600 including coil overs, offers 12" of vertical travel up front, 11.25" of vertical travel in the rear and is totally reversible. The only real down side is that the rear coil overs are mounted low on the axle and exposed to rocks. Still, they are higher up than the competition and positioned more vertically than then too providing a better falling rate.

The EVO DTD with EVO Lever weld in kit is without question, the best coil over kit you can get bar none. No other kit out there offers a true 14" of vertical travel front and rear with bypass shocks and without cutting into the tube or leaving your coil overs hanging low on the axle. No other kit will allow you to do all this and still retain a low stance and no other kit out there can say that it's an Ultra4 race proven design. The biggest downside to the EVO DTD and EVO Lever is it's price tag. But, you do get what you pay for.

Are the factory shock mounts strong enough to hold up to the coil overs? Is extra strengthening necessary when installing them?

jeffj

Caught the Bug
How much do you guys think it would be without the bypass shocks installed? If I understood him I thought Mell said if I didn't mind the welding I should just go with the DTD without the bypass shock and it would be close the price of the bolt on kit. Would the back be a good system without the bypass shocks. It seems like it would be a lot cheaper that way.

Top Bottom