slick rock & deer valley trail

hi guys, i'm going to be doing slick rock and deer valley trail of 88 and 4 in CA if anyone wanted to join July 1-3. I dont have a set schedule all up in the air, taking it as it comes but if someone wants to joint I can set something in stone. Oh yea, and i'm the odd ball on this jk forum because I'll be doing this in a wj :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
just fixed the links for you so that they are embedded. you just needed to use the [video] tags.

regarding your run, sounds like a blast but unfortuantely, we'll have just gotten off the rubicon and i'm not sure that we'd be ready to go out again so soon. i'd hate to say a flat out no, but, we would have to see how things go. is it just you for now?

yep, just me and a friend who's riding shot gun. Given the holiday I figure there will be a good amount of people on the trail so i'm not too worried about doing it solo. That would be a lot of wheeling just coming off the rubicon. I live an hour and half away so if you guys come back up this way again later in the summer ill be up there in no time :)

thanks for fixing the links!

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I believe they have closed Deer Valley to do an environmental study on it along with a few other trails up here. Slickrock is open though.

:doh: didnt check the closure list. I have heard deer valley is open from the south side till you get to the gate where you enter into the el dorado nf but thats only a mile and guess its not worth doing. bummer

I wouldnt be suprised if some of those trails are never opened again :mad: I'm all for the environment, preserving it, and treading lightly, but given the total size of sierras its hard to imagine that these trails are creating a devastating environmental impact. But then again I'm not an expert in the environment. here is the list of all the trails that where closed earlier this year http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5362062.pdf If I remember correctly I thought by the end of june there was suppose to be a decision made.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldnt be suprised if some of those trails are never opened again :mad: I'm all for the environment, preserving it, and treading lightly, but given the total size of sierras its hard to imagine that these trails are creating a devastating environmental impact. But then again I'm not an expert in the environment. here is the list of all the trails that where closed earlier this year http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5362062.pdf If I remember correctly I thought by the end of june there was suppose to be a decision made.

holy cow!! really, all those?? that sucks. :grayno:

kaptkrappy

I know Jeepers From florida say this all the time, but man I wish we had trails to run like that here.

ps; Moby sure looks funny with full fenders and I'm guessing 35's.... things sure have changed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know Jeepers From florida say this all the time, but man I wish we had trails to run like that here.

ps; Moby sure looks funny with full fenders and I'm guessing 35's.... things sure have changed.

LOL!! yeah, full fenders and 35's. what's even funnier is that there are a lot of people who think that moby was always the beast that he is now. for the first couple of years, we put on a lot of trail miles stock, running a budget boost and then a 3" lift with 35's and a few different 4" lifts with 37's before moving up to 40's.

Top Bottom