Need help!!!

Blknblujeep

Ok so here we go... Last month I installed a budget boost lift. After all said n done got in my jeep and noticed a few lights were on. The traction light esp/bas light. Figured it was my alignment. Got that fixed now all is good. Recently my espoff light n 4wd n traction light flash every second driving down the road. My question is what would cause these three lights to flash constantly and chime. It's getting annoying and can't figure it out. Trying not to bring to the dealership cause they want to charge me 350 just to figure out the problem. Which is a rip off.

Any ideas?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure that your steering wheel is completely centered? If it's off, which would be normal after a lift, your computer will think you are in a slide and will try to compensate for it.

Blknblujeep

Are you sure that your steering wheel is completely centered? If it's off, which would be normal after a lift, your computer will think you are in a slide and will try to compensate for it.

Yes. It's centered had it double checked. Two different places. The traction button will engage n disengage. But when I turn the esp off. The light will flicker n chime n the esp will be back on.

Last edited:

Blknblujeep

Curious why you replaced the speed sensors?

One broke from offroading and tire rub. So since there were $12 each I replaced all hoping it woukd solve the problem. The rears were a breeze n the front were a pain cause they broke inside the area to mount them.

JethroJK

I had a similar problem with the ESP going off after I installed my lift and went off roading. My driver side ABS got snagged and pulled the sensor at the wheel end. Dealership replaced for free but told me I was lucky it didn't pull at the other end which can cause more problems. Maybe that is where your problem is.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
That's what it sounds like. Most likely an ABS issue. It acts up just driving straight down the road? Mine does it every once in a while if I go around a corner too fast, but I think that's just because the inside rear tire is getting loose .

JethroJK

That's what it sounds like. Most likely an ABS issue. It acts up just driving straight down the road? Mine does it every once in a while if I go around a corner too fast, but I think that's just because the inside rear tire is getting loose .

The actual issue I had was the factory brake lines which the ABS lines affix to. They were to short which I had removed the bracket from the axle mount and rerouted behind the shock and spring. Sometimes when I would turn I would get a flash. Then after off roading and damaging the line I realized the brake lines and the way the ABS was getting moved around cased the issue. Once I bought new brake lines I have never had a problem and have plenty room for full articulation and turns as well.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The actual issue I had was the factory brake lines which the ABS lines affix to. They were to short which I had removed the bracket from the axle mount and rerouted behind the shock and spring. Sometimes when I would turn I would get a flash. Then after off roading and damaging the line I realized the brake lines and the way the ABS was getting moved around cased the issue. Once I bought new brake lines I have never had a problem and have plenty room for full articulation and turns as well.

You bought extended brake lines? Thinking about getting a set for my JK instead of using the brake line extensions that came with the lift. Are the ABS wires long enough to zip tie to the brake lines?

Blknblujeep

Extended brake lines on order! Well see of that fixes the problem . Needed anyway.

JethroJK

You bought extended brake lines? Thinking about getting a set for my JK instead of using the brake line extensions that came with the lift. Are the ABS wires long enough to zip tie to the brake lines?

Yes I bought brake lines for a 3 inch lift and the ABS lines are long enough. Just be careful to give enough slack at the wheel for turning.

Top Bottom