Rough Country "isolator"

Erickkingston

So the guy I bought my JK from had the shop install the Rough Country 2.5" lift and a half inch isolator. I can't find this term on the Rough Country website? Is this the rubber spacer looking thing at the top of the spring? Can anyone shed any light on this product? Is it decent quality, are there any downsides? Looks like I can remove them and still clear my Nitto 35's?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The spring isolators are most likely what you get from the factory. The other part is the actual coil spacer. Assuming you are running it with shock extensions, the kit is fine, just a standard budget boost. If you are running the aftermarket shocks, they are just old school hydro shocks and sub-standard. I would replace them with a set of monotubes like Rancho 7000 MT's. Depending on how long they are and depending if you have an automatic or a 2012-up, you may end up damaging your front drive shaft but, I doubt it.

Erickkingston

I have the 2.2 Rough Country shocks. I was told the isolator so we're installed to give it the extra half inch but since I couldn't find them on the web I assumed they were the rubber spacers at the top of the spring. So if I want to drop back to just the 2.5 lift I would have to replace these spacers with the factory spacer?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the 2.2 Rough Country shocks. I was told the isolator so we're installed to give it the extra half inch but since I couldn't find them on the web I assumed they were the rubber spacers at the top of the spring. So if I want to drop back to just the 2.5 lift I would have to replace these spacers with the factory spacer?

I have installed the kit you have and at least the one I had did not come with said spacers. If in fact what you are seeing are rubber, they are most likely the factory isolators and they should sit between the coil and spacer - not on top of the spacer. You do not want to remove them.

Top Bottom