Spark plug replacement on my boat anchor?

ichthus

So...since I ordered the wife's new JK, I'm thinking my 08 is gonna be feelin extra lethargic. I'm coming up on 60k miles, so its about time for some basic maintenance anyways.

In the 'old days it seems to me everyone talked about high efficiency plugs and spark plug wires as a cheap way to improve engine performance in such a way that a calculator might notice a difference, but the seat of your pants never will.

Anyone find something they liked the results of on their anemic 3.8?

kaptkrappy

Plugs and wires are always a good starting point. I see a lot of people on the JK forums pulling their throttle bodies (easy job) and cleaning them. That will make a big difference if it's all gummed up after 60K. Don't forget that air filter.
Have you ever noticed that vehicles just seem to run better after you pay a little attention to them. A good wash n wax is like an octane booster !
Congrats on the new JK coming.

ichthus

I'm pretty consistent with 3k mile oil changes, tire rotations and air filter swaps. Prior to owning a Jeep I wasn't as motivated to modify...now I view any required maintenance as an excuse to upgrade. On these boards everyone talks about intakes, exhausts, etc... I've not heard mention of plugs and wires.

Top Bottom