TPMS light will not go out, ugh!

JethroJK

So does anyone know the fix before I take it to the dealer?

Here is the deal. Went to Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving. While I was down there my light came on for the TPMS. I got to the house and checked pressures, all above the 20 pound limit I have set using the AEV ProCal. I check all 5 tires too just to make sure, even though the owners manual says the spare is not sensed. I even added a little air and made sure ProCal was at 20.

I drove 500 miles today hoping it would clear but no luck. Any clue other than a blown sensor that needs replaced?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So does anyone know the fix before I take it to the dealer?

Here is the deal. Went to Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving. While I was down there my light came on for the TPMS. I got to the house and checked pressures, all above the 20 pound limit I have set using the AEV ProCal. I check all 5 tires too just to make sure, even though the owners manual says the spare is not sensed. I even added a little air and made sure ProCal was at 20.

I drove 500 miles today hoping it would clear but no luck. Any clue other than a blown sensor that needs replaced?

A quick fix I did was just set it to zero. Other than that I don't know. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone

bl17z90

The setting you select is t the minimum. It has to be at that number, if it above or below then it will trigger the light

The spare does have a sensor but due to how far away it is from the computer it is will not trigger the light. Atleast this my theory based on my personal experience.

Sent from my phone?

JethroJK

The setting you select is t the minimum. It has to be at that number, if it above or below then it will trigger the light

The spare does have a sensor but due to how far away it is from the computer it is will not trigger the light. Atleast this my theory based on my personal experience.

Sent from my phone?

Not sure what your saying in your first part but I have had it set at 20 for months. The way it works is if it falls below 20 pounds the light illuminates to alert you that one of your tires is low. I am trying to rule out a bad sensor basically and was wondering if anyone knew how.

Army_Vet

Banned
Not sure what your saying in your first part but I have had it set at 20 for months. The way it works is if it falls below 20 pounds the light illuminates to alert you that one of your tires is low. I am trying to rule out a bad sensor basically and was wondering if anyone knew how.

Doesn't your dash tell you what tire is low? My guess is that's the bad sensor

Sent from my iPod thingy using WAYALIFE mobile app

bl17z90

I have heard (not shre how reliable a source) that they are good for around 80k miles so if you're getting somewhere 60 or higher, that could very well be the problem.

But yeah do what Army Vet said and rotwte your spare in. See if that fixes it. It it does then the tire you moved to the cwrrier has the bad sensor.
Now this could be an annoying and very time consuming task so you could be better off just going to the stealership.

Sent from my phone?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why not just set them to zero and not worry about it? I mean I you have them at 20 isn't kind of pointless anyway? I can tell by looking if my tire pressure is low.

munstie

Why not just set them to zero and not worry about it? I mean I you have them at 20 isn't kind of pointless anyway? I can tell by looking if my tire pressure is low.

Gotta agree cars had run the roads for how many years without them:rolleyes:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

JethroJK

I will set it to zero today and see if that fixes it. I agree that having it set to anything low is almost pointless. My concern is if a sensor is blown it probably doesn't matter how low it is set. If the sensor isn't talking to the computer it would make sense you always get the light.

I will let you guys know if it clears by setting to zero. Thanks.

Pilgrim55

I set mine l have notice that me radio clock resets to 12 second time it has done this 1st time it did it i toke it to the dealer they replaced the radio. It not like it only did once the radio keep resetting to 12. Has anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom