Leaking Axle Seal???

SDG

Caught the Bug
I was just getting started rotating my tires this evening, and when I removed the passenger side rear tire and after rolling it up to the front I saw this...

tire.jpg

20131201_181043.jpg

I was a bit puzzled at first, and went to the rear wheel well, and there was all kinds of oil sling into the underside of the wheel well. I looked at the brakes and everything was clean, then crawled around back and found this...

20131201_181300.jpg

20131201_181613.jpg

My guess is that the right rear axle seal is shot?
Info: 2013 JKUR with 8500 miles on it...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'd have to say that is the most likely culprit. Hard to believe being that your Jeep is essentially stock and with so few miles on it. As much as I hate to say it, I'd take it back to the dealer and have them replace it under warranty.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I'd have to say that is the most likely culprit. Hard to believe being that your Jeep is essentially stock and with so few miles on it. As much as I hate to say it, I'd take it back to the dealer and have them replace it under warranty.

Thanks for the conformation Eddie. I was thinking the same thing. Looks like they can add it to their to do list HAHA..

Right now it sits at
Heater/AC doesnt work correctly
Bearing on the water pump is shot
Supposed to replace the trans cooler line
and now this HAHAH

This jeep has had more work done to it in 11 months than my 15 year old truck!

Thanks for the conformation Eddie. I was thinking the same thing. Looks like they can add it to their to do list HAHA..

Right now it sits at
and now this HAHAH

Sounds like a lemon if it was mine I would get a different one lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Right now it sits at
and now this HAHAH

Honestly, I would be about ready to call what you have a lemon.

CaliCrusher

I have friends in Subaru and GM that both tell me how pro-consumer the lemon laws are in California. You can get a full refund if you're insistent enough.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Honestly, I would be about ready to call what you have a lemon.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I still have the attorneys name who I spoke with when I had the transmission issue. I am going to give him a call tomorrow, since the transmission fiasco had the jeep at the dealer for 29 days. Not sure if the 30 day thing has to be for the same issues, or cumulative issues.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I have friends in Subaru and GM that both tell me how pro-consumer the lemon laws are in California. You can get a full refund if you're insistent enough.

Yea for sure. I am already pretty familiar with the process, as I just went through it with my girlfriends new escape. It was still a huge hassle, and even after ford conceded that it was a lemon it took another month before she finally got her replacement. All said and done I think it took nearly 90 days.

CaliCrusher

Yea for sure. I am already pretty familiar with the process, as I just went through it with my girlfriends new escape. It was still a huge hassle, and even after ford conceded that it was a lemon it took another month before she finally got her replacement. All said and done I think it took nearly 90 days.

Yeah, it's a fight you're going to win. But it's a fight you're going to have to fight...all 15 rounds.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As much of a pain as it would be to do, I'd seriously consider it being that you've been having nothing but trouble since day one.

Top Bottom