Best procal

TNuggs13

Just bought a sweet rig built by Off Road Evolution and looking to get a procal. Which one does everyone prefer and why? Best bang for your buck. Thanks in advance.

munstie

I like the flash cal,and it can be upgraded to a tuner at a later date if they don't have a program for your specific year already. .
Just looked at your profile I would just get the flash pac from super chips and be done.
Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the flash cal,and it can be upgraded to a tuner at a later date if they don't have a program for your specific year already. .
Just looked at your profile I would just get the flash pac from super chips and be done.

What he said, a Flashpaq will give you the ability to do what you need plus allow you to tune your motor for better performance.

suicideking

I went with the AEV Procal. It has everything I needed -- correction for tire size, gear change, turn off TPMS, center steering wheel. It's also only $150 compared to the others that are all higher priced.

Look at the features of each and decide what you need/want. Don't waste money on extra features you don't plan to use.

munstie

So the Flashpaq is just more advanced and allows you to tune motor options vs. the flashcal?

Yes it does. The flashcal basically does the same thing as the pro cal from AEV, but in my opinion is easier to use because of the selection screen vs. the dipswitch setup with the pro cal, and like I said in a previous post you can upgrade them to a flash pac if you so chose And the flash cal can be had for about the same price as the AEV pro cal..

turbineguy

Yes it does. The flashcal basically does the same thing as the pro cal from AEV, but in my opinion is easier to use because of the selection screen vs. the dipswitch setup with the pro cal, and like I said in a previous post you can upgrade them to a flash pac if you so chose And the flash cal can be had for about the same price as the AEV pro cal..

The flashcal can be had for a good bit less than the procal. I got mine for 125 shipped. Check Amazon or Autoanything. Autoanything runs regular sales. I recommend going through Delta sky mall shopping as well. AEV won't let vendors discount the procal.

The procal does program a bit faster when you plug it in (20 seconds Vs 30 Seconds) but that is negated by the ability of the flashcal to show your current setup and read codes and the time it takes to lookup and move the dips switches.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

munstie

Wish I would've found that deal paid 154.00 for mine..:what:

turbineguy

Wish I would've found that deal paid 154.00 for mine..:what:

I got lucky. Autoanything has regular 10-15% off sales. Get on their mailing list. They will also send extra discounts if you buy something once. They also have free shipping if you go through Delta Sky Miles shopping. Just sign up at Delta then navigate to sky mall. I think I had 18% off offer. I also got my smittybilt bumpers way cheap. Off course I'm already replacing them.

TNuggs13

For the Flashpaq what's the difference between the model number 3875 and 3870? I ordered the 3875 since it said it was compatible with the 2010.

aldaman

For the Flashpaq what's the difference between the model number 3875 and 3870? I ordered the 3875 since it said it was compatible with the 2010.

Just like what you mentioned, "compatibility" the 3875 are for JK years '07-'10 while the 3780 is for JKs '11 and up...

:beer:

Top Bottom