EVO Trail Table Installed

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Had a little time yesterday and so I decided to install a hand-me-down EVO Trail Table on Rubicat yesterday. Thanks to EVO MFG, it also now has the updated knob screw to hold it in place when closed. Here are a few pics of what it looks like installed.

While the EVO Trail Table can be installed up or down, I chose to install it in the down position. This is what it looks like opened up...
main.php

main.php

This is what it looks like closed...
main.php

:cool:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Cool!

That's been on my list for a while. Any interference with the new tuffy security deck?

GCM 2

Very cool add-on for RubiCat! You know this particular EVO mfg. item was the very first thing I wanted to buy from Off Road Evolution almost four years ago, still haven't bought it yet :idontknow: I guess I need to put my tailgate back on for starters.

MTG

Caught the Bug
GCM 2 said:
Very cool add-on for RubiCat! You know this particular EVO mfg. item was the very first thing I wanted to buy from Off Road Evolution almost four years ago, still haven't bought it yet :idontknow: I guess I need to put my tailgate back on for starters.

That would help. :)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've always loved this table. On my next Jeep I will nix the tailgate storage and go with this table. It's the perfect compliment (place to rest my frosty beverage) to my hammock mod.

DManuel

Are you going to cut the plastic trim piece and re-install? Or, simply leave it as-is? Nemo will have one of these at some point :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool!

That's been on my list for a while. Any interference with the new tuffy security deck?

nope, no interference with the deck :)

LOL!! yeah, that could help. :D

I've always loved this table. On my next Jeep I will nix the tailgate storage and go with this table. It's the perfect compliment (place to rest my frosty beverage) to my hammock mod.

it really is nice to have and we use it all the time on the trail for eating off of or just holding my tool bag while i'm working on things.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you going to cut the plastic trim piece and re-install? Or, simply leave it as-is? Nemo will have one of these at some point :)

we did that on moby and will most likely do that on rubicat too. just ran out of time :)

DManuel

wayoflife said:
we did that on moby and will most likely do that on rubicat too. just ran out of time :)

Cool. I may need to get one of these real soon. Still working on Laura for the coilovers. Trying to take advantage of the no tax deal. :)

Hightower

GCM 2 said:

I think i do remember a few EVO products on your rig even if you haven't bought the table yet. :)

Greg are you selling your tire carrier?
Chris

Hightower

DManuel said:
Cool. I may need to get one of these real soon. Still working on Laura for the coilovers. Trying to take advantage of the no tax deal. :)

Dave are you just wanting to do the front coils or are you hoping to do the evolever rear as well?

Last edited:

DManuel

Dave are you just wanting to do the front coils or are you hoping to do the evolever rear as well?

Thinking about the full bolt-on kit like Rubicat. Maybe get the front now and take advantage of the special offer. Save a little more and get the rears later. Why do you ask? Do you have some front coilovers you want to unload?

94YJBeaver

Are those tables universal? And if not does EVO make them for a YJ?

Had a little time yesterday and so I decided to install a hand-me-down EVO Trail Table on Rubicat yesterday. Thanks to EVO MFG, it also now has the updated knob screw to hold it in place when closed. Here are a few pics of what it looks like installed.

While the EVO Trail Table can be installed up or down, I chose to install it in the down position. This is what it looks like opened up...
main.php

main.php

This is what it looks like closed...
main.php

:cool:

GCM 2

I think i do remember a few EVO products on your rig even if you haven't bought the table yet. :)

Greg are you selling your tire carrier?
Chris

Chris, there is a guy locally in my area who has first dibs on it. The only thing he needs to do is replace the female and male acme threaded T-bar screw portion that bolts the tire to the carrier. In a hazy, sleepy, fog I had a very early morning (4am) incident in the Phoenix airport parking garage, I backed into a non movable concrete pillar. It caught the edge of my spare just enough to bend the threaded T-bar. The rest of the carrier, unscathed!

Hightower

DManuel said:
Thinking about the full bolt-on kit like Rubicat. Maybe get the front now and take advantage of the special offer. Save a little more and get the rears later. Why do you ask? Do you have some front coilovers you want to unload?

If you where going to the Evolever I'm upgrading to the dtd this fall and could give you my evolever bracket in October when I'm down To get the dtd installed. I'll be keeping my coils though.

Hightower

GCM 2 said:
Chris, there is a guy locally in my area who has first dibs on it. The only thing he needs to do is replace the female and male acme threaded T-bar screw portion that bolts the tire to the carrier. In a hazy, sleepy, fog I had a very early morning (4am) incident in the Phoenix airport parking garage, I backed into a non movable concrete pillar. It caught the edge of my spare just enough to bend the threaded T-bar. The rest of the carrier, unscathed!

That's to bad what are you going to do for a tire carrier? EVO?

GCM 2

clarsen said:
That's to bad what are you going to do for a tire carrier? EVO?

Other than going tailgate-less, using my rear cargo area and Poison Spyder Customs tire strap........not much ;)

Attachments

• image-3370403361.jpg
    image-3370403361.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image-3263368976.jpg
    image-3263368976.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 168
  • image-643589780.jpg
    image-643589780.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 173
Top Bottom