JK Optimal Lift Height ... ???

ChaosNein

JK Optimal Lift (ride) Height ... ???

We get this question asked of us everyday... So I wanted to put it out to the WAYALIFE Community to give us your opinions / feedback / experiences on what you consider to be the optimal ride height for the JK.

Last edited:

GCM 2

Max height on a 4 door; measured at the top of windshield / a pillar, to the ground = 83"

My 4 door on 40"s measures at 81" to top of "A" pillar or about a 3" lift equivalent

1BAMFR

I run a 3.25" lift and I think it's perfect.

I did add a 1" spacer in the rear to compensate for the weight of the spare, rear bumper, and gear in cargo area. Sits level!

ChaosNein

Max height on a 4 door; measured at the top of windshield / a pillar, to the ground = 83"

My 4 door on 40"s measures at 81" to top of "A" pillar or about a 3" lift equivalent

and have you found that this height works well at both the Scottsdale Fashion Square as well as the Metrocenter Mall? ;)

ChaosNein

I did add a 1" spacer in the rear to compensate for the weight of the spare, rear bumper, and gear in cargo area. Sits level!

as a daily driver, I too like the 3-3.5" ride height! and to be able to run 37" tire with flat fenders is just and added bonus!

jkmadness

X2 on that Keoni,I did the same with my coil lift and I'm sitting about the same height :thumb:
Although you are on taller shoes .

RamP

I'm shooting for a 4" Long arm kit on 35's while keeping the stock fenders. Maybe someday I'll be on 37's and go to flats.

GCM 2

and have you found that this height works well at both the Scottsdale Fashion Square as well as the Metrocenter Mall? ;)

Why yes, as any vehicle 83" tall (or less) will fit into most covered parking spaces and garages, which helps not only protect the jeeps paint from sun fading during extended shopping sprees....but also keeps my metrosexual self in the shade, which lessens the damaging effects of the sun on my delicate skin.

ChaosNein

Why yes, as any vehicle 83" tall (or less) will fit into most covered parking spaces and garages, which helps not only protect the jeeps paint from sun fading during extended shopping sprees....but also keeps my metrosexual self in the shade, which lessens the damaging effects of the sun on my delicate skin.

that sir is what any man worth his salt would refer to as "optimal"!!!

rtguy1

How did you come up with 3" of lift? Seems like more. I'm at about 73.5"-74" on 37's. that puts you 7" taller. Granted the 40" tires add about 1.5"-2" of height over my 37". By those calcualtions im lower than stock lmao. I snapped a pic of another rig on 40's with DTD and its hella taller than mine. The rig in the pic also has the same fenders and makes the comparison easier. Here's that pic and my measurement I just did View attachment 58656 View attachment 58657

GCM 2

How did you come up with 3" of lift? Seems like more. I'm at about 73.5"-74" on 37's. that puts you 7" taller. Granted the 40" tires add about 1.5"-2" of height over my 37". By those calcualtions im lower than stock lmao. I snapped a pic of another rig on 40's with DTD and its hella taller than mine. The rig in the pic also has the same fenders and makes the comparison easier. Here's that pic and my measurement I just did View attachment 58656 View attachment 58657

That's Dave's rig, our set ups are identical with the exception that his coilovers are dialed in higher than mine. I am comparing what I have now to my old set up

Old suspension= Teraflex 3" with 35" KM2's- top of windshield measured 79" to ground

New suspension= coilovers with 40" Mud Grapplers- top of windshield 81" to ground

rtguy1

That's Dave's rig, our set ups are identical with the exception that his coilovers are dialed in higher than mine. I am comparing what I have now to my old set up

Old suspension= Teraflex 3" with 35" KM2's- top of windshield measured 79" to ground

New suspension= coilovers with 40" Mud Grapplers- top of windshield 81" to ground

I got it. So it's not an actual 3" of lift but sorta what a 3" kit would yield. I'm at 2.5" over stock. So if you are 7" taller minus the 40" tire difference you are running a little more than 7" of actual lift? I'm curious because I've parked next to moby and I know Eddie always says he's only running 3.5" of lift and its way taller than mine.....not an inch of suspension plus bigger tires

Edit: looked at an old post and Eddie says its at 4.5" over stock

Last edited:

GCM 2

I got it. So it's not an actual 3" of lift but sorta what a 3" kit would yield. I'm at 2.5" over stock. So if you are 7" taller minus the 40" tire difference you are running a little more than 7" of actual lift? I'm curious because I've parked next to moby and I know Eddie always says he's only running 3.5" of lift and its way taller than mine.....not an inch of suspension plus bigger tires

Edit: looked at an old post and Eddie says its at 4.5" over stock

It's pretty difficult to accurately compare 'lift heights' of our DTD set ups to conventional lifts or even EVO's bolt on coilovers. That's why it's always a guesstimate of numbers when I post a figure and I just give the roofline height. The DTD weld on towers allows so much more of a long shock to be stuffed into the wheel well, an infinite number of lift sizing is available.

Spartan

I'm planing on going with enforcer on 35's, and flat fenders. The question is 3in springs or 4in springs.

Top Bottom