Upgrade Time???

Hell_Fire

So after my little incident with the crappy mud a few weeks back I have given it allot of thought, instead of just fixing the JK I think it is a good time to upgrade a few things seeing as the Axels are going to be open in any case. Can anyone advise if the setup below is good or would even work. keeping in mind where I live Jeep parts are :eek: expensive.

Rear Dana44

5.13.1 Ratios running 35s with the 3.8L motor will be moving up to 37s in the near future. (Motive Gear?)
Detroit Trutrac locker (will this work OK with the traction control system?)

Front Dana30 ( Cant find a 44 here for a good price import will be way to expensive :doh: so I need to make my 30 bullet proof )

5.13.1 Ratios
Detroit trutrac Locker
what els can I do to strengthen the 30, side shaft upgrade? I already have HD U-joints in.

Any ideas would be appreciated. :rock:

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i just regeared my axles as well. i went with 5.13 because of wanting to move to 37's later down the road. i would save your money tho with locking the front. the R&P will be small enought as is in the D30 so locking it can cause more stress leading to an earlier gear failure. i would lock the rear then when your D30 dies and throw a new axle up front then get that locked. :twocents:

no experience with the lockers your going with so i cant chime in on those. i went with ARB tho cause it is a selectable locker so i can turn it on when i need it.

EDIT- also read Mcpucks post above. those as well

suicideking

Also recommend not locking the front D30. Just depends on if you plan on doing an axle swap. If so, do that first so you don't have to pay for gears twice. If you do the D30, the gears won't transfer to a D44 or other axle.

Hell_Fire

Thanx for all the feedback guys. Has anyone had experience or advice on the motive gear RP's any good?

munstie

Thanx for all the feedback guys. Has anyone had experience or advice on the motive gear RP's any good?

All R.P. gears are basically made at the same place just different brands on the box.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Top Bottom