Trek NX

So this past weekend I was able to procure a Trex NX top for Canvas JK. Since there are so many JK's with the same top I am soliciting "if I had only knew this" when doing the install.

Edit for Overlander. ;)

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think the 4-door install is pretty easy and straight forward. Try to do it on a warm sunny day as it'll help a lot. A lot of folks have complained about the bows breaking the plastic tabs on the door surrounds and the solution to that is to not try and install them from the top of the tab but to slide it in from the side. One last bit of advice that will help get the latches on, with your Jeep still in the sun and while things are nice and warm, partly open up the sunrider so that it's kind of standing up, disconnect the arms one at a time and then position the ends just in front of the mounts. Slowly pull the top down and, you should find that you can latch your top without too much fuss. Leave it like this for a few days to allow things to stretch out and then, open up your sunrider, reconnect the arms into the mounts as they should be and you should be good to close it back up.

StrizzyChris

I will say that I think I missed a couple minor steps(as dark and a storm was closing in on me while doing it) but nothing you won't easily catch on your own while doing it

I will say that I think I missed a couple minor steps(as dark and a storm was closing in on me while doing it) but nothing you won't easily catch on your own while doing it

I have become very proficient with PM's so I may blow up your in box with questions. :yup:

Thanks,
Will

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I just recently did the install of my Bestop NX Trek twill top myself......it took me about 2 hours to complete no rush.....a 13mm socket/ratchet, phillips screwdriver/screw gun, utility knife......the Youtube video helped as well.....all in all pretty easy install on an overcast on and off misty rain type of day.....fit and finish was excellent and couldn't be happier......holler if you have a problem with anything I'll be more than happy to help.......I don't think you'll have one it's a pretty simple install......my next install will be the RH Sport cage using Eddie's awesome install write up as a guide should be a breeze......gotta love owning a JK......We have the coolest shit to install.......just cost a shit ton of money to buy......oh well you only live once....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHjRyVdtqU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Woodrow

Last edited:

JKFlyer

I sold my hardtop all of a sudden and had to put trektop nx back on last night in 40 degree weather. Luckily she went right on BC she was nice and stretched like a woman with 3 kids!! First time never would have worked but reinstall....proof that temp not as big a factor.

Good luck. Make sure top flipped back as u connect the springs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Beyrgut

It's pretty straight forward and there is a good write-up on the forums here and a video on youtube that's pretty good. The only thing that got me was the rear crossbar mounts, I test positioned them upside-down and cut the slits in the wrong place. Also the included instructions were a little vague on where to put the small piece of weather stripping on the front two corners.

Like Eddie mentioned a few of us have broken the bow mounts on the surrounds, the install from side seems to work just fine even with mine super glued back together. one of these days I will make some aluminum reinforcements for them.

The vid

Oh yeah, if you run it as a bikini top to keep the sun off, move the zipperhead on the right rear all the way aft. otherwise you get this god awful rattle from it banging against the spring bracket.

Last edited:
Top Bottom