sPOD and sport cage

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It won't but I would never buy an sPod just because of the unapologetic shady business tactics they choose to engage in. Caught him red handed undercover pimping his goods by pretending to be some gal in another state. I know that nobody cares about things like honesty and integrity anymore and that's fine - I still had to put it out there.

rubicrawl

Does anyone know if the cage(rock hard, PS, etc.) will interfere with switches on the sPOD???

No they won't interfere I have the RH bolt cage and my spod is coming and I've seen others with it and it does not there's is plenty of space

rubicrawl

It won't but I would never buy an sPod just because of the unapologetic shady business tactics they choose to engage in. Caught him red handed undercover pimping his goods by pretending to be some gal in another state. I know that nobody cares about things like honesty and integrity anymore and that's fine - I still had to put it out there.

Oh what? What happened that doesn't sound cool I just ordered one from them thinking they are legit company

texasdave

Well that's not cool. I have my switches on the A pillar right now. I want to add a cage eventually and I know the will interfere there. I will only need 4 switches I think. 2 sets of KC's and 1 set of rock lights. The 4th will power the winch when I get one. I may just build my own into the cage…..

jkmadness

I do care about honesty and integrity, but I know what you mean.

Well that's not cool. I have my switches on the A pillar right now. I want to add a cage eventually and I know the will interfere there. I will only need 4 switches I think. 2 sets of KC's and 1 set of rock lights. The 4th will power the winch when I get one. I may just build my own into the cage…..

This was posted by a member a while back and this is what I am going to do. I am going to be installing an OR Fab sport cage soon using the Project-JK write up as references and then will custom build a switch panel. I have a buddy who is an electronics guru who is going to help with the wiring. After pricing out just the electronics portion the total was less than $60 and what ever it is going to cost for the metal. I might go with aluminum since it is readily available where I work.

R/
Will

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...te-up-(My-last-name-is-Swank)&highlight=swank

This was posted by a member a while back and this is what I am going to do. I am going to be installing an OR Fab sport cage soon using the Project-JK write up as references and then will custom build a switch panel. I have a buddy who is an electronics guru who is going to help with the wiring. After pricing out just the electronics portion the total was less than $60 and what ever it is going to cost for the metal. I might go with aluminum since it is readily available where I work.

R/
Will

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...te-up-(My-last-name-is-Swank)&highlight=swank

:beer::):thumb: thanks for the plug!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh what? What happened that doesn't sound cool I just ordered one from them thinking they are legit company

Oh, I'm not saying that they'll scam you of your money, just that they would resort to dishonest tactics to get your business. I think that's why so many people don't care about what they did.

There are 2 different companies that offer something similar, HDH and what I chose to go with, Off Road Engineering. I will post up pics of them in a few.

EDIT: here's some links:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...anel-Installed!!&highlight=engineering+switch

http://www.shopwiredhdh.com/Flat-Switch-Panel-AND-Relay-assembly-KIT-build-a-kit_p_451.html

I do care about honesty and integrity, but I know what you mean.

The thing of it is, they've had multiple opportunities to own up to what they did and apologize but instead of doing that, they've been proliferating their lie and went so far as to make me out to being a liar. This is in spite of all the facts I had, IP addresses, email address and posts associated with them. Of course, none of this matters to most people. Guess I'm just old fashioned like that.

rubicrawl

Oh, I'm not saying that they'll scam you of your money, just that they would resort to dishonest tactics to get your business. I think that's why so many people don't care about what they did.

There are 2 different companies that offer something similar, HDH and what I chose to go with, Off Road Engineering. I will post up pics of them in a few.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...anel-Installed!!&highlight=engineering+switch

http://www.shopwiredhdh.com/Flat-Switch-Panel-AND-Relay-assembly-KIT-build-a-kit_p_451.html

The thing of it is, they've had multiple opportunities to own up to what they did and apologize but instead of doing that, they've been proliferating their lie and went so far as to make me out to being a liar. This is in spite of all the facts I had, IP addresses, email address and posts associated with them. Of course, none of this matters to most people. Guess I'm just old fashioned like that.

Dude that HDH switch panel is bitchen I'm going to cancel my spod and check these guys out wow love the size of the switch panel and you can mount it virtually anywhere thanks Eddie

pvanweelden

WhiteDynamite posted somewhere on here about what he did for a spod alternative- basically all you need is switches, relays, fuses. The one thing the spod does right, is make it all easy. But i always felt that's a whole lot of money to pay just to make things easy.

With this relay and fuse housing from waytekwire.com, all you need is the switches.

waytekwire.com

Item #'s:

46343 - Housing ($28)
75730 - Relays ($14 for 5)
39000 - Seals ($6 for 100)
30069 - Terminals ($6 for 50)
46253 - 5A fuses
46257 - 20A fuses

www.otrattw.com/ has the fun and cool switches for around $5 each (for the switch covers, switches are about $9 each)

Last edited:

rubicrawl

WhiteDynamite posted somewhere on here about what he did for a spod alternative- basically all you need is switches, relays, fuses. The one thing the spod does right, is make it all easy. But i always felt that's a whole lot of money to pay just to make things easy.

With this relay and fuse housing from waytekwire.com, all you need is the switches.

waytekwire.com

Item #'s:

46343 - Housing ($28)
46253 - 5A fuses
46257 - 20A fuses

www.otrattw.com/ has the fun and cool switches for around $5 each

Oh right on I saw the price on the hdh didn't see how pricey it is i would like to do my own I'll look for the thread are those switches universal as far as they can go on any switch panel the ones on otrattw website

texasdave

Very cool. Thanks for the heads up Eddie! :yup:

WhiteDynamite

waytekwire.com

Item #'s:

46343 - Housing ($28)
46253 - 5A fuses
46257 - 20A fuses

www.otrattw.com/ has the fun and cool switches for around $5 each (for the switch covers, switches are about $9 each)

Yup, use these P/N's and you'll be able to build a great little relay unit. I meant to do a write up for the longest time now but have been here, there and everywhere for work lately.

Also, no one is saying the sPod is a piece of crap. I just felt spending $400 on a relay module is pretty ridiculous. Mine is roughly $100 and works like a champ. It is capable of 30A per circuit so you can pretty much run any accessory you want.

Yup, use these P/N's and you'll be able to build a great little relay unit. I meant to do a write up for the longest time now but have been here, there and everywhere for work lately.

Also, no one is saying the sPod is a piece of crap. I just felt spending $400 on a relay module is pretty ridiculous. Mine is roughly $100 and works like a champ. It is capable of 30A per circuit so you can pretty much run any accessory you want.

I agree, I think I ended up with a little more than $200 in mine but, most of it was in the fancy Oracle switches. Plus it was a fun project.

sent from my wiz-bang time killing machine

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

That's awesome that you were able to do it for just $100. Thanks for posting that up! :thumb:

texasdave

Nice. It looks like the trash was cleaned off of this thread as well.

I was looking for some info regarding a specific item. I got the info I was looking for and also found out about said companies shady tactics. These are the things I feel most people should be made aware of. Thanks to Eddie for passing that info along. If I have something to sale, I will be straight about that item and not hide behind a forum member name or try to backdoor something. LOL he said backdoor.

Anyway, thanks for all the info regarding my questions on here. Be it simple Jeep accessory questions, in depth mods or even moving to a new location.

Top Bottom