How does my alignment numbers look?

jkmohican

Hey everyone, I've followed WOL basic alignment and aligned my jeep my self, but I wanted to swing it by the shop just to get numbers. They adjusted the toe and wheel, so the numbers are all the there. My questions is why would the left camber be lower than the right camber? And is there a reason my steering wheel sits to the right when parked but centers a little more while driving now? I just want to make sure everything is okay, since I do have a little pull to the right, not sure if that's from the wheel or not. Thanks for any help! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386112316.621827.jpg

jkmohican

Sorry, should of mentioned that the jeep is on stock tires/wheels and a leveling kit. Only other mods is adjustable front track bar.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What it tells me is that one of your axle c's is bent ever so slightly. Really, no big deal. What it also tells me is that your shop did nothing other than to take your money and give you a print out. Your steering wheel is off a little because of your leveling kit - this is totally normal due to the slight increase in angle of your draglink. A simple adjustment using my write-up will fix that. Regard your toe, nothing should have changed on it unless you've hit a rock with it when wheeling. Your leveling kit will have had no effect on it - ZERO. If your shop really did make an adjustment to it after you recentered your steering wheel, that would explain why it's now off too.

jkmohican

Thanks! My toe is off because I replaced my tie rod, which I adjusted my self but not close enough to factory spec. I used your basic alignment setup many times before (big thanks for that btw) but I wanted to get numbers to if anything else is wrong. I know about C gussets, but what will fix the actual bend? Is it really not to be worried about? I plan on sleeve and gusseting eventually but the fact that it is already bending is worrying me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! My toe is off because I replaced my tie rod, which I adjusted my self but not close enough to factory spec. I used your basic alignment setup many times before (big thanks for that btw) but I wanted to get numbers to if anything else is wrong. I know about C gussets, but what will fix the actual bend? Is it really not to be worried about? I plan on sleeve and gusseting eventually but the fact that it is already bending is worrying me.

Got it. That makes sense. Sounds to me like you just need to work on recentering your steering wheel to address that. As far as our axle C's go, there is no fixing them. You can install offset ball joints but, I would only do that AFTER you install gussets. I personally wouldn't bother with sleeves but, that's just me.

jkmohican

Thanks again. So by these numbers, is bent enough to where I'm still safe and I can gusset and use offset ball joints or are these bent to the point of not even gussets will do anything? The guy at the shop said I'm still good but he's no expert, I'm sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again. So by these numbers, is bent enough to where I'm still safe and I can gusset and use offset ball joints or are these bent to the point of not even gussets will do anything? The guy at the shop said I'm still good but he's no expert, I'm sure.

LOL!! Oh yeah, you're plenty safe and I wouldn't even worry about it.

Tigrcky

Eddie is right those numbers are good the slight pull could be from your tires yes tires could cause that, (Radial pull) one way to rule this out is swap your front tires from left to right and right to left, if pull goes away thats the cause if not then its alignment related, still unless it wears your tires fast nothing to worry about, also another thing to think about is the roads you are driving on could also cause pull.

jkmohican

Thanks Eddie you've helped a TON!!

Thanks Tygric! (sorry I probably spelled that wrong), I heard of the radial pull before. The roads I drive on are always crowned to the right, but my jeeps pulls a little faster to the right than my other vehicles. I took it down a new road today with a left crown and, it pulled to the left! Lol, it just seems that my jeep wants to pull quicker than other vehicles. Takes about 3 seconds to start pulling rather than say 5-6. Maybe it's a jeep thing and I'm paranoid. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom