Upgrading steering

rodgerdathug

Well after my first time off the beaten path awhile back. My drag link end whatever it's called got a little messed up. So I began a long journey of finding a drag link end also the inner end and tie rod get that shimmy out of the wheel. Trying to find that drag link was the holy grail of jeep parts. So after a couple months of running around and searching forums my search came back with jack sh:t. So I found this complete upgrade of drag link and tie rod assembly it a little pricey but opening the box it seem well made and heavy duty. Down the road I will be getting into more off roading so I'll let you all know how these hold up. The brand is currie http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=3574

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386164771.221098.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386164786.734457.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386164890.748633.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386164910.433417.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386164924.519391.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386164947.883053.jpg

Living it one day at a time
FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I've looked at this as well and curious how they hold up. is it just me or have prices gone up on everything with the popularity of the Jeep??

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Currie makes some great stuff! you will not get critcized for it. currie is worth the bump in price

rodgerdathug

This is my first jeep and I had buddy who had tj and I have to say jk seem more expensive to get thing to the way you want it. What I've been told by Moab off road here in Louisville ky the jk front steering assembly is a lot stronger then the tj so replacing the whole assembly really is needed. I could of went with moog but that would of been about 300 for everything yea less expensive but if it fails then I'm back hunting down more ends. I'll install today do a right up on this post let you know what I think

FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

rodgerdathug

Currie makes some great stuff! you will not get critcized for it. currie is worth the bump in price

Thanks like it was a hard pill to swallow drop that but I like the engineering behind it and it just such a simpler setup compared to stock

FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's expensive for sure but, of all the tie-rods out there, it's the beefiest and what I typically recommend.

uhporkchop

I purchased my JKUR used and it had the Currie tie rod and drag link on it, however it was the old style with clamps rather than jam nuts. Anyway a boot was torn so I called Currie to order a couple for replacement. This is when I discovered they had changed the design a little bit and they offered to replace both the drag link, tie rod, and send a couple boots free of charge all I paid was shipping. Score!!! however shipping was not cheap as they are definitely heavy duty, infact the old tie rod and drag link I believe were solid round bar.

Great people and great products…you get what you pay for most of the time and this is definitely one of those times you get quality both in product and support. Go Currie.

rodgerdathug

Got the new one installed and man it looks amazing beefy as a hell. Got the alignment close but not 100% so I am going to get alignment done with tire rotation and oil change. Here a question I have front wheel and or 4 wheel alignment. Nothing changed in rear so should I just stick to front ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386265639.270112.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386265667.218963.jpg

FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

rodgerdathug

Got the alignment taken care of it ride a hell a lot better that outer drag link really messed with the ride quality I'll take it out for some trails see how it does

FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom