Stock Jack and Lifts

texasdave

I know, I'm full of questions today. Will a stock jack work with a 2.5" lift and 285's??? Just for on road use of course???

Without throwing a 4"x4" block in the back…….lol

Last edited:

texasdave

yep obviously its only good for an emergency but other than that i would look into a good floor jack for around the garage

I will do that, once I get a garage. :yup: I told the wife that I have to have a garage when we move to Colorado. This one was converted into a living room before we bought it. NEVER AGAIN will I do without a garage. I'll be investing in a hi lift and a recovery kit soon, for my off road adventures.

FrankenJeeper

I use my stock jack with my 35's on my jeep, it's close but works.

Be careful with a hi-lift. They don't call them a widow maker for nothing.

David1tontj

X2. Hi lifts are great and I use them plenty, but they are very dangerous especially if you are not familiar with them.. I had a good friend get smacked in the face by a runaway jack handle on a hi-lift. (When you are lowering if you accidentally let go of the handle it will pump up and down violently).

I still think everyone needs a hi-lift, but they need to be respected!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Tazman904

X2. Hi lifts are great and I use them plenty, but they are very dangerous especially if you are not familiar with them.. I had a good friend get smacked in the face by a runaway jack handle on a hi-lift. (When you are lowering if you accidentally let go of the handle it will pump up and down violently).

I still think everyone needs a hi-lift, but they need to be respected!

Shouldn't you train with it first anyways? Use that thing in the garage first before your out there!

JKFlyer

Wow...I got a high lift jack and just trying to figure the thing out was confusing off the jeep. Maybe I should sell it....and get one of those jack bases for the originsl My spare has so much stuff on it that it would be tough to actually use!! Like backup camera....lugnut brake lights.... :eek:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

X3
I applaud whoever was behind the marketing at HiLift for the past 20 some years, because it IS the first accessory that every jeeper/offroader feels they need before ever even considering going offroad.
If used properly, yes they work. Keep it maintained or when you do need it, it's useless.
A good bottlejack and a block of wood is all I carry and fits under the seat.

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I think AEV has a base for the stock jack.

Here ya go!

jack base.jpg

"The AEV Jack Base for Wrangler JK provides 3-1/2 inches of added lift height to the stock “scissors” jack. The increased base width enables 35” and even larger tires to be changed with ease and stability. Handy compartments in the base store lug nut socket and there’s even a slot for the OE wheel lock key. Base is shaped to fit neatly into the rear floor compartment and out of sight. The large 7.5” x 10.5” base gives the jack better stability in off-road soft soil conditions. Also doubles as a safety wheel chock."

Jeep_Dawg08

I'm debating in getting a hi-lift, question is... how well do they work with stock bumpers and step rails? Or should I wait til I get my rock sliders and bumpers. Which may be some time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

^ a hiLift is pretty much useless on a stock jeep. You need steel bumpers and steel sliders for safe lift points.

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

Don't get me wrong.. I love my hi-lift, but they are a pain some times.. And my 4' jack won't even lift my wheel off the ground if I get a flat! I have to strap the axle to the frame so it doesn't just flex the suspension... Annoying.. now I also carry a bottle jack.

Jeep_Dawg08

Thats what I was afraid of.. I couldn't find any safe lift points for one on my stock equipment. Maybe the sliders need to be moved up on the list. Lol
Suppose a bottle jack will do the trick for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

X2 (or maybe 3) on the bottle jack. Works like a champ and fits in small places around the jeep :thumb:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
AEV is proud of their jack stand bases, but i would like a hi lift also. aev is safer smaller and lighter, the hi lift is useful also. decisions..

In5ane1

Might be dumb question....but can hi lift be used with rubicon rails? Any other places on stock jeep to jack from? I have a mod width jcr bumper also...but not sure bout that either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom