Water leaking from muffler

MikeO

Recently I've noticed water dripping from my muffler right where the tailpipe goes into it. I've had the Jeep since it was new (2012). Never ran it through any deep water or anything so I'm wondering where it's coming from. Any suggestions?

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
2012 JKU Sport

MTG

Caught the Bug
The engine...water is a byproduct of an internal combustion engine. :thumb:

MikeO

That's what I thought but how much could be in there? Once I turn it off and it sits awhile there is a pretty large puddle.

2012 JKU Sport

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
That's what I thought but how much could be in there? Once I turn it off and it sits awhile there is a pretty large puddle.

2012 JKU Sport

Could also be caused partly by condensation inside the muffler and exhaust pipes, along with what is created from combustion.

JKFlyer

i had a magnaflow catback system installed and ever since, it drips at the joints along the cat back pipe ...only on startup really. all clamps are tight and in right spots. my mechanic said its normal and can weld to avoid it but thats a lot of labor and not good he said as it can't be fixed or replace certain spots if need be. so my experience is it's normal....but open tohearing other suggestions.

MikeO

I figured it was nothing serious. I just don't remember seeing it before yesterday.:D

2012 JKU Sport

Top Bottom