Evo Enforcer 4" Question

OsiViper

I'm getting the enforcer lift here in about 2-4 weeks and am going with 4".

I know I will have to replace the front driveshaft, but does it need to be done immediately? Or just soon after?

Brankz

I know I will have to replace the front driveshaft, but does it need to be done immediately? Or just soon after?

I think u can run stock, till your boot brakes.

But I'm not sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're not flexing out your Jeep, it'll last for a while. Even after you tear the slip shaft boot, it'll still last for a bit longer.

MTG

Caught the Bug
It will most likely hit your exhaust crossover when flexed unless you replace it or use a spacer. Of course the spacer only solves part of the problem so a new DS is a better bet.

You will also have to move your evap skid over a couple of inches to keep your rear DS boot from making contact with it and tearing. Ask me how I know. :doh:

JAGS

Hooked
It will most likely hit your exhaust crossover when flexed unless you replace it or use a spacer. Of course the spacer only solves part of the problem so a new DS is a better bet.

You will also have to move your evap skid over a couple of inches to keep your rear DS boot from making contact with it and tearing. Ask me how I know. :doh:

Might be a dumb question. When moving the skid are you also moving the actual evap? Or is it as I've seen on a few posts where you remove the skid itself, drill new hole, move over and reinstall.

- Jason

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Might be a dumb question. When moving the skid are you also moving the actual evap? Or is it as I've seen on a few posts where you remove the skid itself, drill new hole, move over and reinstall.

- Jason

The EVAP is attached to the skid so yes, everything gets moved over.

JAGS

Hooked
The EVAP is attached to the skid so yes, everything gets moved over.

Well, that answers that. 👍 Thinking might as well do this in prep for future lift. Thanks for the heads up so I know what I'm looking for.

- Jason

OsiViper

OK.. One more question.
Can I run the stock wheels and tires with the lift until I can afford new ones?

Cause I plan on getting 5x, 37x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, and 5x ATX Slab beadlocks. But it will be a while after the lift.

Marauder

OK.. One more question.

Cause I plan on getting 5x, 37x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, and 5x ATX Slab beadlocks. But it will be a while after the lift.

No, unless you want to leave the rear sway bar links off. I lifted mine and didn't realize that the rear links were actually touching the rim. I realized it after they peeled the inside of 2 of my rims and made a nasty sound pulling out of the driveway. The instructions say for a complete installation you need 4.5 inch backspacing. A little warning would have been nice but thats what forums are for, so others don't need to make the same mistakes. I you purchase the HD end links they may clear the stock rims but I don't know that for sure.

Last edited:

mrmet1983

I wud do it right away , I have the same kit and I actually tore the DS boot just by removing it from the jeep so I wud def advise changing it out or just run no front DS till ur ready to put in the new one

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

mrmet1983

OK.. One more question.

Having the same exact lift as u I was able to run stock tires and rims no rubbing at all just out the rear sway bar links on the inside of the sway bar not the outside and u should be fine , that's what I did and ran stock tires for three weeks till my tires and rims came

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
No, unless you want to leave the rear sway bar links off. I lifted mine and didn't realize that the rear links were actually touching the rim.

What he said. The back spacing would cause an issue with your sway bar links. Most folks don't know this but when installing this lift you need to buy shorter rear sway bar bolts anyways (upper). This is not in the instructions but it is needed even with aftermarket wheels.

Also highly recommend relocating your hard rear brake line above the frame rail. My buddy ripped his line after the sway bar bolt made contact with it on the trail.

OsiViper

So would I be better off waiting for the tires and wheels (could be a couple of months) or install the wheels and get a set of spacers

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I wud do it right away , I have the same kit and I actually tore the DS boot just by removing it from the jeep so I wud def advise changing it out or just run no front DS till ur ready to put in the new one

You tore the boot by taking the driveshaft out? :thinking:

mrmet1983

You tore the boot by taking the driveshaft out? :thinking:

Yea total laziness on my part but yet when I was rotating it to get to the other bolts It's totally my fault cuz I just wanted it out since I had new one ready to go

Top Bottom