Profender Suspension

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Anyone have any expierance with this company at all? My local shop deals with them and I was just curious about them. Prices seem decent at least.

Would be mainly looking at their colovers as another option.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, can't say I've ever even heard of them. Out here in the west, the only real names you hear about are King, Fox and Bilstein.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
They look a lot like kings, but then most all of the coilovers basically look alike in a way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They look a lot like kings, but then most all of the coilovers basically look alike in a way.

Well, you've gotta know that not all coil overs are made equally and that spring rate and valving will make or break one. Back in the TJ days, nobody would have dreamed of running coil overs as a daily driver because it was down right scary. Because of that, when companies like EVO first started making coil over kits, people scoffed at the idea and said it would be unsafe. What EVO did was work tirelessly with King to develop spring rates and valving to make them superior to a standard coil and shock. Just putting it out there as I know a lot of people just assume that a coil over is a coil over.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well, you've gotta know that not all coil overs are made equally and that spring rate and valving will make or break one. Back in the TJ days, nobody would have dreamed of running coil overs as a daily driver because it was down right scary. Because of that, when companies like EVO first started making coil over kits, people scoffed at the idea and said it would be unsafe. What EVO did was work tirelessly with King to develop spring rates and valving to make them superior to a standard coil and shock. Just putting it out there as I know a lot of people just assume that a coil over is a coil over.

I know in the end I'll end up with the kings, and I know they are all different from my car days and using quite a few companies over the years. Mainly just trying to see if what my local shop tells me is true on some things. I know he has a thing against offroad evolution for some reason.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know in the end I'll end up with the kings, and I know they are all different from my car days and using quite a few companies over the years. Mainly just trying to see if what my local shop tells me is true on some things. I know he has a thing against offroad evolution for some reason.

LOL!! Probably because EVO has a strangle hold on the best riding coil overs you can get :D

Top Bottom