Tires

TJ KID

Looking at getting some 35's in the next few weeks.. trying to decide between Toyo MT or Nitto MT.., looks like alot of people are running both, however I live in Utah where it snows and lots off it and ice. What do you recommend?
Sent from my SM-T217S using WAYALIFE mobile app

mackey

Most people I know who want a good off road winter tire run Duratracs. I live in North Idaho. I have a low of -1 tonight. My Duratracs have done great so far. You can also stud them.

TJ KID

Most people I know who want a good off road winter tire run Duratracs. I live in North Idaho. I have a low of -1 tonight. My Duratracs have done great so far. You can also stud them.

That is what I am running now and have been on my TJ for 2 years. They have done well here and wonderful in Moab. However come next year come spring I will need a new set of tires. They don't make a 35 Duratrac. Not sure how well the Toyo and Nitto do as far as daily driving, weekend trails, and Moab. Also how long they last.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dahreno

Banned
I have Toyo mts on my jeep . I was doing a little slipping on the icy roads today after our first snow fall . Other then that , they are pretty good tires except for one thing , they are heavy ! Very heavy . I won't be buying them again . They are also noisy . I had the same size tire last time in a Pro Comp Xtreme mt flavor . They were lighter , not as noisy and worked great . Thank goodness I got a great deal on the Toyos but , I think I'm making up for the good price in the way of gas mileage .

Spartan

A lot of people on here and on other forums have good things to say about the Nitto Trailer Grapler. I had a set of BFG KM2 and I loved them. My only compliant is they run a little small.

Tackerdown

Banned
My son has the extreme A/T from procomp and they are louder than my Nitto T/G( a lot) . If you want quiet they are a good tire light not so much. Off Road I approve he'll I would say everyone does. Cold wet roads in PA they have done very good. I haven't had them in the snow yet. As for how long they will last I couldn't tell you I've only had them for a few months. I have the 315 70 17 they are a little cheaper than the 35's.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Flatattack

Goodyears website says that tire measures out at 34.4" x 12.7" that's as close to a 35 as you'll get with most other tires! http://m.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac
I can tell you that my Duratrac 315/70R17's measure 34" mounted on stock wheels with 35psi with the weight of my JKU sitting on them.

I can also tell you that my buddy is running Toyo Open Country MT 35X12.5 18's that measure 34.5" mounted on aftermarket 18X9 wheels with 50psi with the weight of his JKU sitting on them.

Last edited:

Armydog

I am running nitro extreme mud terrain 33x12.5x20s on my dodge ram pickup - daily driver. Plenty of snow here in CT so far this year and they cut in and dig very well. I have not had the flotation issue I expected. They are loud as he'll on the pavement, but I like that.

Angry Aussie

Trail grappler for sure!! I put 37s on and they are amazing, smooth and quiet on the road and amazing in all conditions on the road. Ill be sticking with trail grapplers the rest of my jks life . I love them .

Atch

I can tell you that my Duratrac 315/70R17's measure 34" mounted on stock wheels with 35psi with the weight of my JKU sitting on them.

I can also tell you that my buddy is running Toyo Open Country MT 35X12.5 18's that measure 34.5" mounted on aftermarket 18X9 wheels with 50psi with the weight of his JKU sitting on them.

Holy crap, 50 psi???!!!! Most run around 28 psi, including myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom