Xj rear brakes

billybob990

Its crazy how one out of four parts of your braking system can make it feel like your hauling 15,000 pounds...so my ol xj has been giving me some issues lately and I've been tackling them one paycheck at a time. The brakes was so bad that it felt like I was being pushed when I was hitting the brakes. So I knew my front was all brand new expect one caliper. I just decided to check out my rears. I pulled the driver side drum of to find what you see in the pics. So I didn't even look at the other side. Last night I got the parts and started on the driver side got it all back together and moves to the passenger. It was all brand new! The springs the adjuster and the shoe....so I adjusted it out because the people that put it together didn't.. and also on the driver side they put the trailing shoe in the front. I guess from now on when trading or buying a vehicle I'll take a jack with me and pull the wheels off to take a look. I have prolly spent about 100 hours just doing maintenance on her and fixing things they just let go. Like the intake and exhaust bolts. I was getting 11mpg, I checked the bolts and every one of them was loose...now I get 17mpg and run about 5-10° cooler. So I guess the lesson is never trust anyone. Check everything!! I mean everything before buying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1386354873936.jpg
    1386354873936.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 61
  • 1386354886716.jpg
    1386354886716.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 63
Top Bottom