ARB compressor installation help

CaliCrusher

So I was planning on trying to install my new compressor before the newbie run tomorrow by using the WAYALIFE write up. However the bracket is different for 2012. Has anyone mounted one of these to their 2012+ JK? Is there a manual or write up I can use to try and get this done?

Webe

So I was planning on trying to install my new compressor before the newbie run tomorrow by using the WAYALIFE write up. However the bracket is different for 2012. Has anyone mounted one of these to their 2012+ JK? Is there a manual or write up I can use to try and get this done?

Which bracket did you get? I got the EVO bracket & the compressor mounted on top of the master cylinder rather then on the side. Also I would recomment getting some heat reflective tape to cover the lines by the engine. I have melted mine and then did this cheap fix to prevent it from happening again.

CaliCrusher

Which bracket did you get? I got the EVO bracket & the compressor mounted on top of the master cylinder rather then on the side. Also I would recomment getting some heat reflective tape to cover the lines by the engine. I have melted mine and then did this cheap fix to prevent it from happening again.

I got the EVO bracket, but the compressor looks like it's too large to fit being so close to the firewall. I was really hoping I could use the Project JK write up, because I need to see/read exactly what I need to do to install everything.

Rebel JK

Are you wired directly to the battery or are you series wired thru a pressure switch with tank setup? Running a fuse or circuit breaker? Accessary (ignition on) controlled relay?
I would test for voltage where your motor wiring is connected first to eliminate that as an issue. Im not sure, but is there a thermal reset button on the compressor?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea make sure your ignition wire (should be the line red one) is hooked up. That was the only reason mine wouldn't turn on. Wire it up to the cig lighter/ac adaptor plug.

Sent from my iPhone

CaliCrusher

Yea make sure your ignition wire (should be the line red one) is hooked up. That was the only reason mine wouldn't turn on. Wire it up to the cig lighter/ac adaptor plug.

Sent from my iPhone

I definitely didn't hook that wire up. I didn't see it being wired in the project jk write up. I want to keep the switch under the hood for now.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Take a look at the ARB instructions. They note this wire needs to be hooked up.

What serg said. I didn't want to try and hook it up myself cause I suck with wiring so I let the guy doing my air Locker hook it up. You can have the switch wherever you like but this wire needs to be hooked up so when you put your key in and turn it to the on position the compressor will turn on when you hit the switch.

Sent from my iPhone

Serg5000

Can I hook this wire up in the engine compartment, without having to go inside the cabin?

If you can find it coming out of the fuse box I don't see why not.

Have you put 12 volts to that wire to see if you compressor works?
I ask because I'm running the twin air via spod. I removed all the wires going inside. What I have is the wires that are supposed to hook direct to the battery, those are direct. The wire that used to go to the cig lighter is now going to the spod. Works perfect.

CaliCrusher

If you can find it coming out of the fuse box I don't see why not.

Have you put 12 volts to that wire to see if you compressor works?
I ask because I'm running the twin air via spod. I removed all the wires going inside. What I have is the wires that are supposed to hook direct to the battery, those are direct. The wire that used to go to the cig lighter is now going to the spod. Works perfect.

I haven't yet. I'll find a 12v wire out of the fuse box and splice it and see.

Top Bottom