Tool kit for 2011 JK Rubicon

Zeu22

Will be doing a 4000km road trip (blacktop only) fairly remote sections of road and am interested to know what people keep as a good tool kit and spare parts. Thanks

Zeu22

Yes, I do have the standard wheel change kit... Have a torx kit, shifter, pliers, electrical tape, zip ties, spare engine oil, flat/Philips screwdrivers.... Just after opinions on anything else

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
AAA RV plus or premium. That'll get you where you need to be if your on the highway. I wouldn't weigh the jeep down too much with stuff if it's mostly roads.

David1tontj

It kinda depends how mechanical you are anyway.... If you don't know how to fix complicated stuff, you probably won't need complicated tools.. I always take way too many tools, but I'll fix anything on the side of the road.. Sounds like you have a good start, but I'd make sure you also have a good socket set, a couple end wrenches, and maybe a multi meter If you already have them and know how to use them... Otherwise, I'd go with overlander's option of AAA. Have fun!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

bl17z90

I have a large metric wrench set as well as a couple big standard ones. 3/8 and 1/2 inch ratchets and the sockets I i bring certain sockets for certain ratchets. Screw drivers, meter, duct tape, zip ties, and a couple adjustables. Make sure you have it in a bag that you can close. I used to carry and open top bag and after it rolled foward once and EVERYTHING fell out I decided never again lol

Sent from my phone?

Top Bottom