Money Pit?

Yeti-09

Have any of you added you the total amount of money you've put into your jeep? I did back when I have a 2007 2dr. Turns out I put 16K into that, and it wasn't even that nice! Or at least I didn't think so. But NOW I'm building my 2009 Dr up, I have already spend over 26K and I still need axles or at least a front PR44. I'll give you a list of the things Ive already bought. Most of which will now just sit in my garage. I don't want to install parts to redo it later. So my lift and rear gears will have to wait... maybe for like 6 plus months!!! Wish I would have actually used my build sheet instead of just buying and buying parts...

So here is what I have waiting to get put on:

Evo 1/4 pounder with stinger
Warn CTI-S winch
Rock Hard Sports cage
...switch mount
AFE intake
Raptor Liner
Tuffy underseat storage
Viar On board air set up
Fuel 17' rims
CB set up
Swag off road baja bin
Front and Rear JKS track bars
Track bar braces
Trex Top NX
Rubi sway bar
river raider front & rear fenders
ARB Snatch Block x2
ARB Tree Saver x2
ARB Winch Extention
Night Shade spray
10" light bar ridgid
spot duallys ridgid
master crast seat belt x2
dirty dog 4x4 sun screen
replacement trex top
warn wireless remote
Rubi Crawler W/ twin upgrade knobs
RIPP MODs Headers Kit
Rock Hard 4x4 hardware
EVO Trail Table
EVO Slector Shaft Brace
Evo Auto Trans Skid
EVO Manual Disco
Rigid Ind Flood Lights
Tread Lightly Floor Mats
Mastercraft Rear Grab Handle
ARB Compressor
EVO high clearance kit
EVO Sliders
EVO Skins
EVO drag link flip kit
EVO rear d-ring plugs
EVO Crush Corners
Evo front coil overs
Evo Lever
Currie Rear anti-rock sway bar
Toyo MT Tires 37"
JE Reel 1350 Front Drive shaft
5.13 gears w/ install kit

So does it ever make you sick to think how much money you have put into your JK and its still not even finished!?!? I'm gonna have to come up with another 7K just to get all these parts on and enjoy it. And that's not even including labor, since I do everything myself.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nope. I just know I've spent more than I planned and less than I wanted. :cheesy:

Thanks a heck of a list BTW. :thumb:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Adding up the total cost will only make you depressed. I have a rough number of mine in my head as I continue to add/upgrade. I'm driving a freakin Jeep worth a Porsche!

seriously though, just don't think about it. :)

ichthus

Half those parts could install without affecting the others... Let stuff lay around like that and you risk forgetting what you have, or you find a different direction to go with a component and buy a replacement before you get the first installed.

For instance, did I see that you have a Trek Top NX and a replacement Trek Top already?

DA RUNT

I haven't added anything up because I suck at math :thankyou: On the other hand, I'm sure my wife knows exactly how much i've spent :cheesy:

:icon_crazy: I do not look at the total. one time i looked at the cost of my build (my wife made a spread sheet :doh:) She is into jeeps as much as I, including the price of the jeep we will be around 55K when done. :brows: Gotta go back to work now. Some one will take my corner if i'm gone to long. :brows:

ZERO LIMITZ

Nope...... I'm afraid too.... But it's only money and I don't plan on having any in the casket with me, so I'm gonna play while I have the means and ability. MOD ON!!!!!!!

Total Amount

I'am also afraid to add up total amount, and I have alot more to get for my build. But I have learned ALOT. Another old saying "YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE"

Yeti-09

Half those parts could install without affecting the others... Let stuff lay around like that and you risk forgetting what you have, or you find a different direction to go with a component and buy a replacement before you get the first installed.

For instance, did I see that you have a Trek Top NX and a replacement Trek Top already?

Yes I put a nice hole my org trex top backing into the garage and hitting my overhead storage (usually park on the other side :doh:) so i had to buy just the replacement top part..

Yeti-09

:icon_crazy: I do not look at the total. one time i looked at the cost of my build (my wife made a spread sheet :doh:) She is into jeeps as much as I, including the price of the jeep we will be around 55K when done. :brows: Gotta go back to work now. Some one will take my corner if i'm gone to long. :brows:

Yea, my wife is also into Jeep mods. She has a '10 4dr with over 10K into it. Evo enforcer, skins, rails, 1/4 pounder w/ prue jeep hoop (thanks Eddie), powerplant, 35 toyos, xd bully, rock lights, rigids, trex top nx, raptor lined, banks intake and exhaust, superschips.... shes got the bug too :rock:

Last edited:
Yea, my wife is also into Jeep mods. She has a '10 4dr with over 10K into it. Evo enforcer, skins, rails, 1/4 pounder w/ prue jeep hoop (thanks Eddie), powerplant, 35 toyos, xd bully, rock lights, rigids, trex top nx, raptor lined, banks intake and exhaust, superschips.... shes got the bug too :rock:

Its a good thing and a bad. good by not getting yelled at about money. bad because your usually broke.

Smokinjoe

I did a rough estimate and my dream JK would be about 65-80k

Sent from JKU EXTREME from his Wayalife iPhone app

Once your in that deep! You can never sell your jeep is with you for life. Then new upgrades are released and it continues, LOL. I have seen plenty of 60K 10 year old Jeeps for sale, lol
You can have a nice new Rubi with a 60K budget

phillypete

I am keeping a journal on my jeep. Every adventure, modification, gas stop, even speeding ticket :( is being recording.

I'm not keeping a running tally, but one day I plan to add it all up.

Top Bottom