Fox 2.0 res. Hit frame when flexed

2trackin

As the title states, when Flexed, on my 2014 rock krawler max travel equipped Rubicon, the shock body hits the frame. When Flexed hard it puts a noticeable bow in the shock. I imagine this is not good. They are a little longer than needed as my coils will come unseated. Between these two things and the less than quality ride I'm wishing I would have went coilovers as my original plan called for.
I have seen some brackets to move the shock out an inch or so. Thinking I'll just fab up something myself to do the job. Anyone else run into this issue?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

I know GeckoGlow had experienced the shock hitting the frame when flexing, and had ordered the Nemesis shock mounts. If you fab something up, post pics!

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pastorwug

I have not, and I have the King 2.5 res shocks and 4" plush coils - great ride and no binding or bending. They were all installed by ORE, and that probably makes the difference.

Last edited:

GTMOSCUBA

Do you have coil retainers installed?, that should keep the coils seated. Not sure about the shocks but I have mine (fox cd reservoirs) rotated so they clear with no rubbing/bumping on anything.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sc741

I'm most don't even realize that the back of the shock hits the frame without brackets to push the bottom mount out a bit. My King 2.5" front shocks hit the frame as well. I bought brackets as well.

GeckoGlow

I know GeckoGlow had experienced the shock hitting the frame when flexing, and had ordered the Nemesis shock mounts. If you fab something up, post pics!

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven't experienced it yet, but I did some research before buying and saw this issue. I got the Nemesis mounts from another member here to address it. I'll be installing them next Saturday.

GTMOSCUBA

Yup, I didn't realize that, but I've only got a 2.5" lift. These brackets bolt on top or on the bottom of the shock?

Tcdawg

GTMOSCUBA said:
Yup, I didn't realize that, but I've only got a 2.5" lift. These brackets bolt on top or on the bottom of the shock?

The Nemesis bracket bolts to your existing lower shock mount. Moves the lower shock mount out an inch and up an inch.

GTMOSCUBA

The Nemesis bracket bolts to your existing lower shock mount. Moves the lower shock mount out an inch and up an inch.

Thanks for the info, also did some research. Bottom line is I've got to get them or risk damaging the shocks. Placed an order through Mrs Clause for them, Santa has me on his naughty list.

KtmJono

As the title states, when Flexed, on my 2014 rock krawler max travel equipped Rubicon, the shock body hits the frame. When Flexed hard it puts a noticeable bow in the shock. I imagine this is not good. They are a little longer than needed as my coils will come unseated. Between these two things and the less than quality ride I'm wishing I would have went coilovers as my original plan called for.
I have seen some brackets to move the shock out an inch or so. Thinking I'll just fab up something myself to do the job. Anyone else run into this issue?

You don't like the ride quality with this setup? How long have you had the shocks on for?

2trackin

You don't like the ride quality with this setup? How long have you had the shocks on for?

I have rock krawler springs and I'm not at all a fan of them. (I really like the rest of the lift though) Far to stiff for my liking. Maybe if I didn't have to drive on Michigan roads it'd be less noticeable. I may try some Plush ride coils in hopes that they will ride better. Many people have claimed they ride really nice. I'm pretty light weight with Poison spyder BFH bumpers and no spare tire carrier, soft top on a two door. And these rk springs would have me bouncing off the road if not for the shocks working hard to settle these stiff springs.

KtmJono

I have rock krawler springs and I'm not at all a fan of them. (I really like the rest of the lift though) Far to stiff for my liking. Maybe if I didn't have to drive on Michigan roads it'd be less noticeable. I may try some Plush ride coils in hopes that they will ride better. Many people have claimed they ride really nice. I'm pretty light weight with Poison spyder BFH bumpers and no spare tire carrier, soft top on a two door. And these rk springs would have me bouncing off the road if not for the shocks working hard to settle these stiff springs.

Interesting. I'm looking to do a RK/Fox combo on a light setup too.. Stock bumpers, 33" wheels. I have my eye on the new Triple Rate coils they are releasing tho.. hopefully they are more kind to a light 2 door. Thanks for the feedback.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

you would like the plush rides, I have them, went from teraflex and they are so much better, little more lift than I originally wanted but now that Ive had them in for almost a month or more, I love the height.

2trackin

you would like the plush rides, I have them, went from teraflex and they are so much better, little more lift than I originally wanted but now that Ive had them in for almost a month or more, I love the height.

3" or 4" plush rides I cant decide on. I have rk 3.5" and could go down a half inch but certainly not any taller as I'm only a half inch from hitting my garage door as it is.

KtmJono

My guess would be on a light 2 door the Plush Rides would put you another inch over the stated height.. Most other springs do. I think TF are one of the only MF's that stick close(r) to advertised heights, especially on 2 doors as they have specific springs for them to avoid over lifting from heavier JKU springs.. Might be scraping the garage roof :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom