What bumper lights and combination?

In5ane1

Here is my bumper:

Has a mounting hole on each side of the bumper towards the edges. Also has two light tabs on The hoop.

1.) Led or halogen?
2.) Spots or floods or both?

I like the classic round look. Just curious what others experiences are and what combination would be good for this bumper.

Tia!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1386541023239.jpg
    1386541023239.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

CerOf

What's your budget?

IMO, best bang for your buck are still KC Daylighters.

Seems some led lights are coming down in price though.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

In5ane1

What's your budget?

IMO, best bang for your buck are still KC Daylighters.

Seems some led lights are coming down in price though.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Maybe $100-150 a pair. Is what I'd like to spend. Still see a lot of people running kc's. They have great warranty too. Would like a pair of spot and maybe pair of floods.

StrizzyChris

For personal preference and the fact that to location of the light holes on the slightly outward facing face of the bumper(if you're using the fog location), I would use a flood pattern. I don't like floods on the a pillar due to glare on the hood, so front of grill/bumper is perfect for those and spot pattern for a pillar. If you are ever planning on adding more electricity through add ons, winch, etc, then I would do LED to reduce the draw on the battery and extra stress to your alternator. Especially if you never plan/desire to spend all that money on a dual battery set up.

In5ane1

For personal preference and the fact that to location of the light holes on the slightly outward facing face of the bumper(if you're using the fog location), I would use a flood pattern. I don't like floods on the a pillar due to glare on the hood, so front of grill/bumper is perfect for those and spot pattern for a pillar. If you are ever planning on adding more electricity through add ons, winch, etc, then I would do LED to reduce the draw on the battery and extra stress to your alternator. Especially if you never plan/desire to spend all that money on a dual battery set up.

Thanks for feedback. I have stock fogs in the cutouts you see. There are holes above those on ends of bumper. Thought floods would be good there also. My thought was spots would be good for the hoop as they would be kinda centered..?

What LEDs are you guys running?

And I just bought a winch. So...if draw is an issue I might should do led.

StrizzyChris

Industry standard for LEDs are rigid industry's products but with that comes a price tag that I am not willing to spend. Many other manufacturers and distributors out there like Cree and outlaw that demolish rigid's prices and are very high quality lights.

And again the battery issue is only an issue if you add more power leaching components later on in addition to traditional halogen bulbs. A pair of them alone and a lightly used winch(that rarely ever are used at the same time anyway) will never cause you any issues. Halogen bulb life is shorter than LED but you pay more for LED also.

In5ane1

Industry standard for LEDs are rigid industry's products but with that comes a price tag that I am not willing to spend. Many other manufacturers and distributors out there like Cree and outlaw that demolish rigid's prices and are very high quality lights.

And again the battery issue is only an issue if you add more power leaching components later on in addition to traditional halogen bulbs. A pair of them alone and a lightly used winch(that rarely ever are used at the same time anyway) will never cause you any issues. Halogen bulb life is shorter than LED but you pay more for LED also.

Awesome man, thanks a ton. Very insightful!

In5ane1

I've read lits of threads on lighting. Led seems to be the trend now since it lasts longer and draws less power.

Guess the question is, at what point do you run into current draw issues with stock alternator and battery?

Curious who is running kc lights, winch, etc....with no issues.

David1tontj

Anyone?

Maybe I'll just go with led...

I had two 100w spots on my front bumper, and I recently replaced them with rigid d2s. I will NEVER buy anything but LED again!! They are amazing and only draw 40w instead of the 200watts that they replaced!! For the record I am a cheap-ass who builds everything himself... But these were well worth the money!! You won't regret it!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

David1tontj

Ps. I was running 200w of spots, and 100watts of rock lights, and 120w of headlights, and had to winch about 150' (two pulls) the first 75' of winching was fine, but by the second pull my lights were dimming and the winch was struggling... Not a good time to stall!! I shut off all my lights to finish winching, ad came out ok, but that is one of the reasons I switched to led... All stock charging system on a 2005 Tj

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

David1tontj

You are a cheap ass! Would you now pay full price for a set of duallys or wait for another deal!

If they got stolen off my truck tomorrow, I would pay full price! They at worth it!!

David1tontj

You are a cheap ass! Would you now pay full price for a set of duallys or wait for another deal!

Thanks for opening my eyes big brother!!

I run a 10" Rigid bar and two 4" Warn H3 bulbed fogs. I ave the Warns wired in to my factory fog switch. I run dually d2's on the A pillar. I tried standard duallys as fogs, but they we're too bright to use in any sort of traffic. The Warns are bright, but not blinding.

DC597FEA-7C3E-421F-A7E3-B8C773A88625-8560-0000063A2EBE6A79_zps2cacc179.jpg

H8MUD

...What LEDs are you guys running?

And I just bought a winch. So...if draw is an issue I might should do led...

I run two Rigid D2s spots on the A pillar, Rigid D2s fogs on the bumper together with a Cree 15" bar all connected to an sPod. I have the fogs slightly turned down and have never had oncoming traffic flash me. I also run Truck-lites.

Have a winch and no battery issues. Hopes this helps.

MoonyJohn

Ive got a set of Rigid Dually Floods as my fogs. Great light output and they arent as bright as the higher end model of duallys. I run them 100% with my headlights and no one flashes. Not too bad of a price, it was 200 bucks with a warranty and a $10 rocker switch that I chose instead of the one that comes with it. Well worth the money, I will eventually get some spots for the windshield.

Good spread

Top Bottom