3-3.5 in lift kit advice

JKUx

Hello everyone,
I'm in the market for a full suspension lift (replacing the TF BB kit) and confused in what to buy, for example they sell an economy lift and then there's the premium systems that come with fully adjustable front and rear lower arms and some with upper and lower front and rear adjustable arms; now the original plan was to pick up the AEV 3.5 dual sport RS system but now after considerable research I've seen other companies(rock krawler/full traction/teraflex/skyjacker/rancho) offering more than just brackets etc.

Now I have my sights on (Full Traction) 3.0 in ultimate suspension kit, it is a complete system with complete adjustability and I priced it with the Fox 2.0 shocks.

All Experienced advice is appreciated.

The goal is to do it right (with a reliable/serviceable system) and make it trail worthy for those weekend warrior events and eventually move up from 35s to 37s.

Spartan

Sounds like you have looked at a lot of lifts, but I don't see EVO on your list. You can get there lifts with King shocks that are custom tuned for a JK and made to go with their lifts, and it won't cost you any more the getting a lift with fox shocks.

drwfaulk

I've been researching the same thing. It have done a lot of mix-matching and have found that it is cheaper to get for example: EVO 3" plush ride coils , Currie control arms with Johny joints ,RK track bars ,EVO end links , ext. SS break lines ,EVO drag link flip kit(if needed) , rs9000 shocks. But that's off the top of my head. I could be missing something but it all came out cheaper than the complete kits and in my opinion more quality parts. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hello everyone,
I'm in the market for a full suspension lift (replacing the TF BB kit) and confused in what to buy, for example they sell an economy lift and then there's the premium systems that come with fully adjustable front and rear lower arms and some with upper and lower front and rear adjustable arms; now the original plan was to pick up the AEV 3.5 dual sport RS system but now after considerable research I've seen other companies(rock krawler/full traction/teraflex/skyjacker/rancho) offering more than just brackets etc.

Now I have my sights on (Full Traction) 3.0 in ultimate suspension kit, it is a complete system with complete adjustability and I priced it with the Fox 2.0 shocks.

All Experienced advice is appreciated.

The goal is to do it right (with a reliable/serviceable system) and make it trail worthy for those weekend warrior events and eventually move up from 35s to 37s.

I like you have pondered the very thought. Just last night I finished installing the EVO Plush Ride 3 inch coils in my drive way I was able to complete this with just a little help from the wife.

As mentioned in previous threads if you go higher then 3 inches it is recommended for adjustable Front lower Control Arms to correct the caster of your front tires. Most kits do come with front LCA's.

Depending on who you talk too the opinions will vary from manufacturer. A recommendation is to find a couple of Jeeps in you area and see if they can take you for a ride on the various lifts you are looking at. There is nothing worse than pausing for a lift and realizing it is not what you wanted then you are back to step one.

Are you looking to go to a Long Arm or stay with a Short Arm? Are you looking for a bolt on or weld on? Some of the manufacturers only have weld on which if you are not a welder, like me, will cost more to have it welded on. Check out Off a Road Evolution and the DoubleD 4 in lift(bolt on) or the Enforcer which you can get either 3 or 4 inch coils.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

JKUx

Sounds like you have looked at a lot of lifts, but I don't see EVO on your list. You can get there lifts with King shocks that are custom tuned for a JK and made to go with their lifts, and it won't cost you any more the getting a lift with fox shocks.

Thanks for reminding me about EVO, I was also checking out the enforcer kit but was confused when it only said for 35s and another kit for 37s, correct me if I'm wrong but it did not reference the amount of lift once installed, and I was also concerned about sagging if too soft a spring. I have seen/heard great things about EVO including their other accessories.

JKUx

I like you have pondered the very thought. Just last night I finished installing the EVO Plush Ride 3 inch coils in my drive way I was able to complete this with just a little help from the wife.

As mentioned in previous threads if you go higher then 3 inches it is recommended for adjustable Front lower Control Arms to correct the caster of your front tires. Most kits do come with front LCA's.

Depending on who you talk too the opinions will vary from manufacturer. A recommendation is to find a couple of Jeeps in you area and see if they can take you for a ride on the various lifts you are looking at. There is nothing worse than pausing for a lift and realizing it is not what you wanted then you are back to step one.

Are you looking to go to a Long Arm or stay with a Short Arm? Are you looking for a bolt on or weld on? Some of the manufacturers only have weld on which if you are not a welder, like me, will cost more to have it welded on. Check out Off a Road Evolution and the DoubleD 4 in lift(bolt on) or the Enforcer which you can get either 3 or 4 inch coils.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

I appreciate the info, I'm curious to see your rig with that installed, how is the ride with the coils, can it be upgraded?

I looking for bolt on short arm setup in case of future repair or replacement, now do they sell long arm bolt on and if so does that change lift hide or ride quality?

Spartan

Thanks for reminding me about EVO, I was also checking out the enforcer kit but was confused when it only said for 35s and another kit for 37s, correct me if I'm wrong but it did not reference the amount of lift once installed, and I was also concerned about sagging if too soft a spring. I have seen/heard great things about EVO including their other accessories.

If you look at their site when your ordering the Enforcer you can pick 35 or 37. You can also pick 3in or 4 in coils. From what I have hear and seen their isn't much sag, but as with any coils you have to ask would you rather have a tiny bit of sag or a shity ride from stiff no sag coils. From what I can tell EVO plush ride coils give you a nice comfortable ride with very little sag.

I appreciate the info, I'm curious to see your rig with that installed, how is the ride with the coils, can it be upgraded?

I looking for bolt on short arm setup in case of future repair or replacement, now do they sell long arm bolt on and if so does that change lift hide or ride quality?

I am going to post up some pictures later today as it was dark when I completed wrenching last night.

EVO Double D is a complete bolt on long arm lift. From what I have read is it will improve the ride quality both on and off road. With the Double D it will come as a complete kit with sway bar links, brake lines and the EVO drag link flip.

The coils will give a true 3 or 4 inches of lift for a 4 dr not sure about a 2 door. Drew@offroadevolution will be able to answer the questions more accurately than I.

As for the ride it was night and day difference. I travel down a road which has been under construction now for 3 years and is not the smoothest and would bounce me around. This morning it was still bounced but not as bad. I also had a shimmy in the steering wheel at about 40 + MPH that went away. I believe it is due to the aftermarket track bar and LCA's. The LCA's I used are the Rock Krawler LCA's just because I did not have the coin to get the EVO LCA's. My goal is to upgrade to the Double D Long Arm kit.

Hope this helps out.

R/
Will

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The coils will give a true 3 or 4 inches of lift for a 4 dr not sure about a 2 door. Drew@offroadevolution will be able to answer the questions more accurately than I.

for a 2 door you will yeild about 1/2" more than advertised so about 3.5" or 4.5". that being said it depends as well on how much weight or how little weight you have due to bumpers

jeeeep

Hooked
check out Clayton Offroad - I'm running their 3.5" and feel I have room for 37's with flat fenders.

If I do need to go a bit higher, all I need to swap are the springs. Unless I decide to go long arm and on and on..it never ends!! :beer:

JKUx

check out Clayton Offroad - I'm running their 3.5" and feel I have room for 37's with flat fenders.

If I do need to go a bit higher, all I need to swap are the springs. Unless I decide to go long arm and on and on..it never ends!! :beer:

Haha, your so right "it never ends"
Thanks for the heads up!!

ISSY

Did you add their high steer kit? Were you able to stick with your driveshafts or go with new? I'm really looking hard at this kit for the spring and they are only a couple of hours down the road from me.

jeeeep

Hooked
Did you add their high steer kit? Were you able to stick with your driveshafts or go with new? I'm really looking hard at this kit for the spring and they are only a couple of hours down the road from me.

I was able to keep my rear DS fine no issues.

Front DS depends on how often and what you plan to wheel. I tore the boot on mine the 1st wheeling trip out after the lift but it still lasted about 2 years after that! I didn't trim the skid plate before wheeling it so it may have lasted longer except this freezing weather took it's toll and I had to remove it a couple of days ago.

I have a COAST DS ready to install - should be above freezing in the next couple of days.

no high steer kit needed - I installed the 3.5 premium and added the rear adjustable trackbar.

Last edited:

NAUJK

I also run the Evo 3" plush ride coils on my 2dr love them so smooth amazing ride! I did get more than 3.5" though but I don't mind.

Sadly I don't have the money for 35" tires so only have 33s at the moment. I couldn't afford evo lca either so I have a cheaper set to get me by till I can afford the real good stuff ;)

Building on a college students budget I'm just thankful I got what I have.

Attachments

• 1386661129231.jpg
    1386661129231.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 1386661255247.jpg
    1386661255247.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 119

JKUx

I was able to keep my rear DS fine no issues.

Front DS depends on how often and what you plan to wheel. I tore the boot on mine the 1st wheeling trip out after the lift but it still lasted about 2 years after that! I didn't trim the skid plate before wheeling it so it may have lasted longer except this freezing weather took it's toll and I had to remove it a couple of days ago.

I have a COAST DS ready to install - should be above freezing in the next couple of days.

no high steer kit needed - I installed the 3.5 premium and added the rear adjustable trackbar.

Do you have pics to see a side profile?

Top Bottom