50" LED Light Bar..yes or no?

So I'm considering a 50" light bar up top on my JKU. I use my 10" bar and Dually's pretty much every night on my way home from work thru dark wooded roads with lots of wandering critters on them. I am about to pull the trigger on a 50" bar.

Here's all my questions:

For those of you who have one, is it worth it?

And for those of you who don't, why not?

Also, for those who do have one, can you post some detailed pics?

What mounting bracket do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

FrankenJeeper

I don't have one because I cannot afford one lol. My KC Daylighters do the job for me without breaking the bank. I would love to have one but can't justify the price tag.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

heybob

Being from Ohio when we wheel at night we are to close to use those monster bars. You end up blinding all the people in front if you. I instead have 4 pairs of duallys mounted at different levels. This gives me options to disperse my light. Also they are all at or below the hood. This prevents glare or blinding my buddies.

I love the look of the 50" bars but for the price I got much more usable light from my bull bar and hood latch lights.

However, if I was wheeling with more than a few vehicle lengths on the trail I'd totally be rocking a 50". :)

Krieger

Being from Ohio when we wheel at night we are to close to use those monster bars. You end up blinding all the people in front if you. I instead have 4 pairs of duallys mounted at different levels. This gives me options to disperse my light. Also they are all at or below the hood. This prevents glare or blinding my buddies.

I love the look of the 50" bars but for the price I got much more usable light from my bull bar and hood latch lights.

However, if I was wheeling with more than a few vehicle lengths on the trail I'd totally be rocking a 50". :)

I totally feel the same way about 50" light bars. For me the 20" and Dually's work more than fine. There's plenty of light to see down the trail here's how my set up looks ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386636119.115766.jpg
Most of the time when at night the head lights and Dually's have a nice spread, now add Trucklites or hid's and it would work great, but that's just my opinion.
Everyone has different needs.

I totally feel the same way about 50" light bars. For me the 20" and Dually's work more than fine. There's plenty of light to see down the trail here's how my set up looks...Most of the time when at night the head lights and Dually's have a nice spread, now add Trucklites or hid's and it would work great, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah...I honestly probably don't NEED one...but that line between need and want is a blurry faded line when it comes to my Jeep! I really think it looks great...now I'm just searching for pics of the setup...decisions, decisions...

I already have Truck-Lites, Duallys and a 10 inch bar...it's not like it's ever too dark in front of my Jeep at night...

BigBoy

Don't have one, but do want one. I like the look they add to the Jeep, but honestly would probably rarely use it. However it would really help light up the dunes when we wheel at night due to the area that is in front. I think if you wheel more trails and such at night, it would not be as beneficial as a wide open space like on the dunes.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I got one about a month ago......I was able to get one with powder coated mounts for half the price of a Rigid 50" w/o the mounts......so I couldn't pass it up.....so now that box has been checked......on to the next mod.....it just never ends does it........it's the method of my madness.

Woodrow:beer:
image.jpg

Last edited:

1BAMFR

I don't have one but it's on my list of things I need to buy.

I like the look...I ran into a yellow 2 Door JK at Rausch Creek and he had one and he said he got his off Ebay for $300. bucks. I looked it over and saw it with the bar on...Looked legit.

mrmet1983

I recently bought a 50" eBay light bar for 250 and can't lie it's amazing and just as good as the highly priced competition!! If you wheel at night ots perfect if you don't I really don't see the purpose unless you like the look. I have the rough country mount and it fits perfectly nice and tight fit and the mount is fairly priced. Having used the light bar a few times now I would never not have one of these on my rig it literally turns night into day!! Well worth it IMO and the 50 puts any 10" or a pillar lights to shame trust me I have the rigid dually floods and they are basically useless when the 50 is on but they still look sexy lol

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

rgwinn

Just received my Newcomdigi 52" 300watt LED Light Bar (ebay)

and RockRidge mounts. Waiting for my OTRATTW switch setup.

With the Switches, mount, light, and relay harness, I am in total at ~$500

DallasJKU

My D2's on the windshield provide plenty of light but I am adding a 10" to the hood tomorrow and that should be overkill.

Moto5195

I totally feel the same way about 50" light bars. For me the 20" and Dually's work more than fine. There's plenty of light to see down the trail here's how my set up looks View attachment 59712
Most of the time when at night the head lights and Dually's have a nice spread, now add Trucklites or hid's and it would work great, but that's just my opinion.

Not to steal the thread here but how did you mount those d2s on your EVO bumper like that?! Looks AWSOME!

I got one about a month ago......I was able to get one with powder coated mounts for half the price of a Rigid 50" w/o the mounts......so I couldn't pass it up.....so now that box has been checked......on to the next mod.....it just never ends does it........it's the method of my madness.

Woodrow:beer:
View attachment 59767

That looks like the Inspired Engineering logo...that's the one I'm looking at! There sure are a lot of eBay choices tho

Top Bottom