View Full Version : Warn M8000s vs. XD9000?

12-10-2013, 10:26 PM

If you were trying to decide between these two for a JKU that will be running some heavy steel bumpers at both ends and beadlocks and 37's eventually..which would you choose and why?

Both are tried and true work horses from Warn at their respective weights...not the flashiest, but workman like. I like that!

I can get a pretty darn good deal on the XD9000 right now where it's price ends up comparable to the M8000-s. I can always upgrade to synthetic line later.

What are your thoughts?

12-11-2013, 12:15 AM
8000 isn't quite enough for a JKU.

12-11-2013, 03:18 AM
That's what I was thinking and the more I look at the XD the more I like it!

12-11-2013, 03:21 AM
I would say the 9000. I have heard that it's a good rule of thumb to take the weight of your jeep and double it. That is the size winch to use. I went 9000 myself to be safe but also if I needed to help anyone else out as well

Sent from my iPhone

12-11-2013, 08:09 AM
I would say that unless you frequent extremely deep my Boggs, the 8000 would do the job 99% of the time, and the other 1% you could use a snatch block to double your power...

That being said, I would still get the xd9000 just because it is a better winch, and if you can get it for the same price, then, why not!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

12-11-2013, 11:29 AM
I think I'm going to tell the vendor yes....it's a good deal, free shipping, plus the $100 rebate. Thanks for confirming my previous thoughts guys!

I feel comfortable with the XD9000 as the winch for me.