hydroboost brakes

dahreno

Banned
Does any one know the difference between the silver and gold resevoir on a hydro boost brake unit ? I thought one had a higher capacity then the other .

dahreno

Banned
I thought for sure Eddie would chime in here . 39 views and no remarks . That's okay , I have spoke to two diff. manufactures , one of them being Vanco . They both told me the same thing . After major testing , the units perform the same and when driving and applying the brakes , you can't tell the difference . The biggest diff. is between the 4' and 10' canister as the 10' has more volume in an emergency braking condition (as in vehicle being stalled ). Doesn't anyone here run hydro brakes ?

JKbrick

My 06 2500hd with the 6.0 gas motor has hydro boost. The issue of JP with resque1 on the front has a yj with it if I remember correctly

dahreno

Banned
Hydro boost puts out over twice the pressure of vac. assisted power brakes. Regular power brakes run off the vacuum of your engine . Hydro runs off the power steering pump . Also a hydro unit has a resevoir that will allow you to use your brakes a couple times if your engine dies , then the unit resorts to manual braking after that. There has been many vehicles that use hydro brakes . many you may have driven and not even know it .My old work van , a Chevy Astro had hydro brakes . I never realized it then but , I always wondered why the brakes worked so good ! They are great for big power and big tires with low gearing . They just stop , right now !

Top Bottom