On board air help arb vs viair?

Vettethret

Well after going on my first off road adventure at Last Chance Canyon, I'm sprung like a 16 year old girl! When we finished the run I was shocked because I really wasn't familiar with everybody airing up, I was going to go to the gas station (Yes, up until this point I have been a HABITUAL Mall Crawler). I am now looking to put on board air on my rig (In addition to 10 other things) and am not sure which route to go. I want something with power that will air up my 38's reasonably quick. I am looking at the ARB twin or the Viair extreme duty. I don't know much about these and it looks like the ARB would be easier to mount, could someone educate me on which one would be better/faster? I am looking to keep it to around $600. My Unlimited is a 13.

Thankis

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
both are great OBA set ups. i personally run the arb twin in my '11 under the hood with the MORE mount. it cost me just under $600 thru northridge with tthe promo codes and deals. fills up my 35's in just over a min. i also run my air locker off of it. my set up is below.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385843739.435855.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385843739.435855.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 304

Vettethret

both are great OBA set ups. i personally run the arb twin in my '11 under the hood with the MORE mount. it cost me just under $600 thru northridge with tthe promo codes and deals. fills up my 35's in just over a min. i also run my air locker off of it. my set up is below.

Would you say that your happy with the power output or wish it had more? By the time I add the Hose, gauge, and mounting bracket its about $75 more than the Viair Extreme, and it looks like the Extreme has more power (Still trying to figure out the cfm etc).

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Would you say that your happy with the power output or wish it had more? By the time I add the Hose, gauge, and mounting bracket its about $75 more than the Viair Extreme, and it looks like the Extreme has more power (Still trying to figure out the cfm etc).

I have only used it a few times to fill up my tires for fun since it is such a recent addition to my jeep but I am very happy with the power output. It filled up my tires quicker than expected (was expecting 2 mins or more)

Sent from my iPhone

Vettethret

I have only used it a few times to fill up my tires for fun since it is such a recent addition to my jeep but I am very happy with the power output. It filled up my tires quicker than expected (was expecting 2 mins or more)

Sent from my iPhone

Thats good to hear, looks like it will be the ARB twin. Thanks for your input:thumb:

Zstairlessone

Sent from my iPhone

How loud is it in the cab when you run the compressor?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How loud is it in the cab when you run the compressor?

It is located under the hood and only switched it on once while at a light cause I was bored but it was on for a second to fill up the mini manifold that is there then shuts right off. Not loud at all when I did it.

Sent from my iPhone

Zstairlessone

It is located under the hood and only switched it on once while at a light cause I was bored but it was on for a second to fill up the mini manifold that is there then shuts right off. Not loud at all when I did it.

Sent from my iPhone

Cool, thanks. I really like this setup and need a little less noise in the cab or my ears ring - too many hours next to cranked amps.

DaK

We have friends with the ARB and when we are done with the trail his ARB has his 37's pumped up and ready to go about 1.5 tires ahead of our Warn power plant. We also wheel with some people that have the Viair units under their hoods. This may not happen to all the units but... these units will sometimes shutdown out here in the heat even with the hood open.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
We have friends with the ARB and when we are done with the trail his ARB has his 37's pumped up and ready to go about 1.5 tires ahead of our Warn power plant. We also wheel with some people that have the Viair units under their hoods. This may not happen to all the units but... these units will sometimes shutdown out here in the heat even with the hood open.

Last time I used my vair after a day on the trails, it did all my 37s and only 1 of my friends 35s before shutting off. Someday soon I am going to switch to the arb twin I think.

Vettethret

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. I am pulling the trigger on the ARB Twin. Its been a $2300 month in Mods for the Jeep, I hope someone has a sale for Christmas:brows:

Thanks guys

rgwinn

I would suspect that a tank (2.5gal) would help also with the compressor cycling? Any one that has a tank also, does it make a difference with airing up 4 tires?

JKFlyer

i am about to put in ARB high output in to my jeep. using it for rear air locker I am putting in (keeping D30 up front so not ready to do that one yet) and just to mess around...fill tires. I have 35's. maybe 37's one day. Am i making a mistake by getting this and not twin? this is what Northridge and my Shop (Globex) told me to go with?

ARB High Output OnBoard Air Compressor

ARB.jpg

spaceradd to wish list
Permanently mounted, this compressor is installed into your truck and includes a full wiring loom with Air Locker solenoid plug in contacts, mounting hardware with reinforcing bracket and quality compressor isolating switch. This compressor can be used to activate Air Lockers, and can perform other functions such as inflating camping gear with an optional Tire Inflation Kit sold separately.

JKFlyer

Keep in mind it will cost me about 265...actually 300ish with Mount that connects it to brake booster. No tank with this setup

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i am about to put in ARB high output in to my jeep. using it for rear air locker I am putting in (keeping D30 up front so not ready to do that one yet) and just to mess around...fill tires. I have 35's. maybe 37's one day. Am i making a mistake by getting this and not twin? this is what Northridge and my Shop (Globex) told me to go with?

View attachment 60056

spaceradd to wish list
Permanently mounted, this compressor is installed into your truck and includes a full wiring loom with Air Locker solenoid plug in contacts, mounting hardware with reinforcing bracket and quality compressor isolating switch. This compressor can be used to activate Air Lockers, and can perform other functions such as inflating camping gear with an optional Tire Inflation Kit sold separately.

it will take longer to fill up since its a smaller compresser and not 100% duty cycle but it will work. when you go to 37's is when you will notice it isnt as powerful as you once thought.

Top Bottom