Big D Build

Big D

I've had Jeeps before, Cherokee Sport, Liberty, Wrangler, Commander, and was really excited when I bought my 2012 JK Unlimited Sport. However, I actually had no intention of doing anything to it. Then, I fell in with the wrong crowd....
Jeep stock.jpg
The first things I added were sliders, 33" BFG ATs and a 3" TeraFlex lift
IMG_1726.jpg
Then I added a Smittybilt front bumper and winch. We bought my wife a Rubicon and, somehow, I got the AEV wheels and 35"ish BFG ATs.
DSC_0322.jpg
Bushwacker fender flares were next. Got them for only $410 on Amazon.
IMG_2152.JPG
Last things done were a new 17,000 lb synthetic line (broke the toy one that came with the winch) and 35" BFG KM2s.
IMG_2220.jpg
Very happy with my Jeep, but next I want to regear and go up to 37"s (yes, I'm one of those: 31" to 33" to 35"ish to 35" - should have just gone straight to 37" and used the money I've wasted on other stuff). I'd also like to add lockers, but not sure about the D30 in the front. Might need to go up to a D44, then get the lockers.
To be continued....

JKFlyer

Nice. I see the addiction is strong you ( in a Yoda voice)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Big D

Overdue update

Since my last post, I've added a Poison Spyder cage, switched to a PS front bumper and added a couple of tiny Warn lights on the windshield. I've also bent the tie rod and replaced it with a Synergy one with a Fox steering stabilizer. Next, I really need to regear.

Attachments

• Jeep Jenny Creek 2014.jpg
    Jeep Jenny Creek 2014.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 171

Big D

The day the hard top went back on for winter

IMG_0271.jpg
The day the hard top went back on for winter:sigh:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Awesome rig Big D! how are you liking your Synergy springs? I've noticed a few members sporting them and was curious.

Big D

Synergy springs

Awesome rig Big D! how are you liking your Synergy springs? I've noticed a few members sporting them and was curious.
I love them! Huge improvement over the Teraflex ones. One of my buddies just ordered the Synergy lift kit.

Top Bottom