Mcgrew Trail in southern Oregon 6/24

JandSJK

a few of us oregon Jeepers are headed out for a run on the Mcgew Trail. You can look it up @ www.oohva.com if you are interested in going with us. We will be meeting at the O'Brien store at 730 am on sun the 24th. pretty much the only thing in O'Brien on US-199. Its about 38 miles west of Grants Pass. :clap2:

94YJBeaver

We were thinking about making a run down there in August some time...Let me know how it is...We are going to be camping at Sourdough when we go...

JandSJK

sourdough is a real nice place to camp. good swimming holes and such. its a fun trail. did it in my xterra a couple years ago. skipped most of the technical stuff though. excited to go in the jeep this time.

94YJBeaver

Yeah I cant wait to go...I guess we missed a big fathers day run last weekend...There is a club in S. Oregon that puts that run on every year...

sourdough is a real nice place to camp. good swimming holes and such. its a fun trail. did it in my xterra a couple years ago. skipped most of the technical stuff though. excited to go in the jeep this time.

JandSJK

Yeah I cant wait to go...I guess we missed a big fathers day run last weekend...There is a club in S. Oregon that puts that run on every year...

thats the reason we are going this weekend there are so many rigs it takes forever to get through

JandSJK

Speaking of up-coming runs a group of us are heading over to do a section of the back country discovery route that runs into christmas valley and then headed to play on the dunes. gonna finish off the evening with dinner at the cowboy dinner tree. Sept 22 i believe

94YJBeaver

Now that sounds like fun....

Speaking of up-coming runs a group of us are heading over to do a section of the back country discovery route that runs into christmas valley and then headed to play on the dunes. gonna finish off the evening with dinner at the cowboy dinner tree. Sept 22 i believe

JandSJK

I'll post up the details on my Facebook page as it gets closer. Willamette valley Jeep Klub is the page name

JandSJK

would love to see some pics after your run. I'll be up that way in aug and was thinking taking a detour and doing the trail.

The trail was great. I didnt get to take many pictures but i will post up the one that i was able to take. Since it was just a fast sunday trip we didnt stop much to take any action pics. well worth the detour. I'd plan a full day to do the trail because depending on which end you start on its a 20 plus mile forest service road to the start or out from the finish our group started the trail at 8am and we got back to the pavement on hwy 199 at 4ish. we did stop for about a 20-30 minute lunch. also the last/first part of the trail is narrow and brushy

JandSJK

thanks for the info. 20 miles is a pretty long trail

The actual trail is closer to 13 miles but in and out of the trail is what takes awhile. I wasn't the trail leader on this trip but i will work up the mileage and the road numbers this weekend and try to get them posted. Give you more of an idea what you are looking at time wise. i would have liked to stop and get more pictures and stuff but we were doing a rushed trip this time around. Do you know when you will be in the area maybe we could get another run together

I'll need to be east of medford by the 16th, so I was thinking of maybe the 14th 15th checking out that area spending a night there. I know its mid week, but yea that would be awesome to meet up and do a run. Ill defiantly let you know when I figure it out my schedule :thumb: I'm thinking of taking 2 weeks off so I'll be up and down all of 5 at some point and might be able to swing a weekend run

Top Bottom