Hello!

parkerfly5150

Just wanted to give a wave from a new Jeep member. I picked up my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport two weeks ago and absolutely love it. I've driven Mustangs as daily drivers for the past 15 years so this was quite a change but a welcome one. The mod bug has already taken hold as it had with the Mustangs. So far wheels/tires with a TF leveling kit and Ace Rails on order. I'm not far from Rausch Creek in PA and hope to start having some fun there with a desire of running Moab at some point far down the road.

KPM171

Congrat's on the new Jeep and please accept my apologies to your wallet for your new addiction. :D

Welcome to WAL and I hope to see you at Rausch Creek in the coming months! :standing wave:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Congrats on your new JKU. Welcome to Wayalife and our world of insanity

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

parkerfly5150

Thanks guys! You mean my wallet with the cobwebs and dust? I told my wife I'd only buy a few things every black Friday sale. How long do you think that's going to last??? :shock: Seriously though, she understands and can't wait to get off-road as well.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks guys! You mean my wallet with the cobwebs and dust? I told my wife I'd only buy a few things every black Friday sale. How long do you think that's going to last??? :shock: Seriously though, she understands and can't wait to get off-road as well.

lol yea thats not going to last very long.

where in PA do you live? im down in West Chester

parkerfly5150

When you & the misses come wheelin', please join us for camping too. You meet everyone on trail, but you get to know everyone around the fire! :drinks:

Thank you! We appreciate that and will keep an eye out for upcoming trips. :beer:

I would like to take the beginner courses at Rausch soon. I think there's one this weekend but it figures I can't make that one. Any tips on what to bring along for green and blue trails? I do have an ARB recovery strap and a hitch shackle, just in case. I don't have a CB yet but it's on my Christmas list. :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thank you! We appreciate that and will keep an eye out for upcoming trips. :beer:

I would like to take the beginner courses at Rausch soon. I think there's one this weekend but it figures I can't make that one. Any tips on what to bring along for green and blue trails? I do have an ARB recovery strap and a hitch shackle, just in case. I don't have a CB yet but it's on my Christmas list. :thumb:

the beginner 101 class is prob the best thing you can do! i took it twice (once for me and once tail gunning for my stepdads turn) and you learn so much!

a CB will help a little with just basic talking while driving. for greens nothing is really needed at all. all i would say is wrenches (if you dont have a rubi) to remove the sway bar links. for blues i would say a few different size recovery straps will do the job just fine.

KPM171

For green trails, I think you'll be ok with what you have, but it's a good idea to have a certain amount of gear with you every time you wheel. This is not an exhaustive list, just some suggestions... Recovery points front/rear, CB, straps w/o metal hooks, a couple of basic hand tools (just in case), fire extinguisher, basic med kit, and friends with winches. :D

I'd suggest that you armor up too. There are a lot of options out there for oil pan skids that won't break the bank and cover a lot of sensitive parts that are currently exposed.

parkerfly5150

the beginner 101 class is prob the best thing you can do! i took it twice (once for me and once tail gunning for my stepdads turn) and you learn so much!

a CB will help a little with just basic talking while driving. for greens nothing is really needed at all. all i would say is wrenches (if you dont have a rubi) to remove the sway bar links. for blues i would say a few different size recovery straps will do the job just fine.

Uh oh... do I see quick disconnects in my future for my Sport? :thumb: Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself with the blue trails but I'm sure I'll get a feel for what I can expect with the 101 class.

Thank you for the info!!!

parkerfly5150

Welcome to Wayalife!
:standing wave:

Nice looking Jeep. :thumb:

Welcome to WAYALIFE and congrats on the JKU!

Thanks guys... I appreciate the welcome!!!

For green trails, I think you'll be ok with what you have, but it's a good idea to have a certain amount of gear with you every time you wheel. This is not an exhaustive list, just some suggestions... Recovery points front/rear, CB, straps w/o metal hooks, a couple of basic hand tools (just in case), fire extinguisher, basic med kit, and friends with winches. :D

I'd suggest that you armor up too. There are a lot of options out there for oil pan skids that won't break the bank and cover a lot of sensitive parts that are currently exposed.

"Friends with winches..." haha I wasn't planning on adding a winch for awhile so I might have to make a lot of friends. Thank you for the list and the link! I'll put the armor high on my mod list. Lord knows, I'll probably need it. :doh:

aldaman

Welcome aboard. Your going to love your new Jeep as well as have a lot more fun "off the pavement" :rock:

aldaman :beer:

Top Bottom