Anyone running Teraflex long arm with EVO bolt on coilovers?

cuongdyna

I'm running Teraflex long arm with EVO bolt on coilovers. I went from a short arm to a long arm. When I had my short arm I only had to adjust the coils down an inch. After I installed the long arm. I have to adjust the coils down 3 inchs. Anyone else had this problem?

If so how did you resolve the problem?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386885867.848975.jpg

Last edited:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
That is about where mine are dialed too with my Double D longarm. My back coilovers are only dialed down about a 1/2". I am running 200/250 in the front and 250/300 in the back.

What you will need to watch out for is blowing out the Teraflex joints really quickly running coilovers.

BBrown626

I'm running Teraflex long arm with EVO bolt on coilovers. I went from a short arm to a long arm. When I had my short arm I only had to adjust the coils down an inch. After I installed the long arm. I have to adjust the coils down 3 inchs. Anyone else had this problem?

How do the arms affect the weight the coil is supporting or the required spring rate? The coil is mounted to the same place and bears the same weight. The only thing that changed is the arc of the axle as it moves up and down, right? What am I missing?:idontknow:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I'm interested in the answer too. Running bolt on COs but still on short arms. Adjusting about 1.75 inches.

cuongdyna

That is about where mine are dialed too with my Double D longarm. My back coilovers are only dialed down about a 1/2". I am running 200/250 in the front and 250/300 in the back.

What you will need to watch out for is blowing out the Teraflex joints really quickly running coilovers.

Yes, I already replace one bushing.

Last edited:

cuongdyna

How do the arms affect the weight the coil is supporting or the required spring rate? The coil is mounted to the same place and bears the same weight. The only thing that changed is the arc of the axle as it moves up and down, right? What am I missing?:idontknow:

I thought the long arm shouldn't affect the springs but it did to my surprise. I want to know if anyone else coils adjusted the low.

View attachment 60065

The amount of preload on the coil over should not have changed from short arm to a long arm.
This may have been due to Raising the Vehicle or more weight on the vehicle ? But the pivots Points of a long arm or a short arm will not cause a different in Preload to obtain the same ride height as previous short arm.
with that said Your long arm choice will Not let you Vehicle sit as low as short arm because the long arm will hit the Frame

If you are looking for the higher height a 250 over 250 spring rate will help and if you are heavier we can still go up from there

Last edited:

cuongdyna

The amount of preload on the coil over should not have changed from short arm to a long arm.
This may have been due to Raising the Vehicle or more weight on the vehicle ? But the pivots Points of a long arm or a short arm will not cause a different in Preload to obtain the same ride height as previous short arm.
with that said Your long arm choice will Not let you Vehicle sit as low as short arm because the long arm will hit the Frame

If you are looking for the higher height a 250 over 250 spring rate will help and if you are heavier we can still go up from there

If I went with 250/250 coils. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having coilovers?

mrmike

250 / 250 coils

250 over 250 would give you a initial weight of 125 lbs/in and 250 main. Adjusting the timing ring lets you play with when the heavy weight kicks in. So you could benefit from the extra height and still have a nice ride. Plus you still have the heavy main rate for the big hits, which is one big benefit of the coilover.

Top Bottom