MCE Fenders?

Does anyone have any experience with the MCE JK Fenders? Mrs. Jeepster HATES most of the flat fender options put there, but the MCE ones look closest to stock, but give a bit more clearance, so maybe I can swap them out without much grief from her! The company is right up the road from my house (bonus), but I'd like to hear from anyone who is running or has run them in the past.

This is the link...

http://modernclassicenterprises.com...-stock-tire-coverage-presale-for-rear-flares/

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They look pretty good and are better than a lot of the other options you can buy that I have seen but they sure as hell cost some serious coin. Before you do that, I might recommend trimming your factory flares first. Your wife may like the look of that and if so, it'll save you a ton of money. If not, you can still buy these and not be out any money.

redpatchjeff

I have a buddy running them on his TJ and he loves them. They hold up well on the trails too.

But I agree with Eddie - try trimming your factory flares first.

bl17z90

Their selling point is they will flex instead of snapping off like other bolt on designs? I would guess even if they flex a whole lot they can still do body damage.

I have only seen photos of them so don't take anything I say as fact.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Their selling point is they will flex instead of snapping off like other bolt on designs? I would guess even if they flex a whole lot they can still do body damage.

I have only seen photos of them so don't take anything I say as fact.

That is a safe assumption to make. Xenon flares bend/flex as well but I have still seen them do body damage. The benefit of factory fenders is that they WILL snap off instead of transferring energy to the flimsy body.

I'd definitely prefer to snap one off rather than get unnecessary sheet metal damage!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bl17z90

That is a safe assumption to make. Xenon flares bend/flex as well but I have still seen them do body damage. The benefit of factory fenders is that they WILL snap off instead of transferring energy to the flimsy body.

Thats why I plan on cutting mine eventually. Saves a ton of cash anyways.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
deff very good looking fenders for sure. You could always look into the bushwackers as well. If you were closer id sell my set at a decent price since I keep thinking about just going to trimmed factory flares. Best part when you trim yourself is you and your wife can make them however you want :thumb:

Top Bottom