OPINIONS WANTED - Wild Boar Angry Grill

JKFlyer

I did a search and couldn't find much on here about the angry grill from Wild Boar. I am getting their fastback hardtop and because I am, they offered me this pretty much at Cost with free shipping since they can throw it in the same crate. I personally like it but am curious what the WAL community thinks. It is something very different, and I would paint to match my Jeep. The Green pic is how it would look on my Jeep as I have the exact same bumper. Thx
Angry Grtill.jpg Angry Grill 2.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, to each their own. Me, I LOVE the factory 7 slotted JEEP grill as is and hate it when companies try to change it like this or by putting a screen door over it. No other part of a Jeep screams JEEP than the grill and so much so that it is a copyrighted logo of theirs. But again, that's just me.

KPM171

I personally hate the Wild Boar Aggressive Flare Grill (the one pictured in the first post). I think it makes your jeep look like a caveman and you couldn't pay me to put it on my JK. </Rant> I was disappointed to see it on so many otherwise amazing rigs at SEMA.
017_caveman.gif

BUT, it's your rig and if you think that's an awesome addition, then you should snag it. Especially, if you can get it at cost with free shipping. :twocents:

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Do what you want like others have mentioned. That's half the fun with all the mods is defining your style. This said, I also agree that the seven slot grill is iconic and to have a grill delete or change that isn't for me personally. :twocents:

I thought it looked good on that satin black one in the SEMA pics, but I prefer the factory one on mine. If the deal is right, and you like it, go for it! The good news is that it only takes 2 minutes to put you old one back on if you don't like it!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Army_Vet

Banned
I like the look myself. But the rest of the jeep needs to be BA. IMHO can't have the angry look with everything else stock

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKFlyer

How dare you all not like it! :tantrum:

Ha ha...JK. Glad to see what the general consensus is so far. Please keep the opinions coming! :2thumbsup:

Army - with all the other stuff I have on Jeep and EVO tire swing coming soon, it definitley will be BA overall... at least in my opinion! very little left stock wise

Just out of curiosity, and because of sheer badassity of it, what does the fastback top cost? (I don't feel like calling for pricing!)

Jeepster Chris
...on my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Cardinal Rule #1-
Don't F with the 7-slot.

Cardinal Rule #2-
Build your Jeep to suit your tastes, not mine.

Cardinal Rule #3-
See Cardinal Rule #1.

JKFlyer

Your buying a $3000 dollar top and they can "sell it to you at cost"? Why the hell can't they just include it?

well, that answers that question on pricing! i don't know you as i am only on here a month or two, but you have a NO BS vibe...i like it! :rock:

JKFlyer

Just out of curiosity, and because of sheer badassity of it, what does the fastback top cost? (I don't feel like calling for pricing!)

Jeepster Chris
...on my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

to give more details...

there are a few versions...straight top aropund 2500...
targa where front panel removes (liek freedom top but in 1 piece) - 2850ish (with half roof rack)
T-TOP where both sides remove like old corvette...closer to 3000
then there are sunroof models that cost even more

i called on black friday and got about 400 hundred off a targa

got it with half roof rack that stores targa top when you take it off. then there is shipping whcih kills you...as I am in NJ so a bit over 500

but i sold my hardtop for 1600 so my all in is about 1400-1500. that was worth it to me b/c i just dont like the look of the regualr hardtop. while i have a trektop NX, surprisingly i rarely took off back windows and just flipped the front back all the time....so i may run this top year round if i like it enough b/c so much easier to access trunk (vs trektop NX) and i can just leave back window glass open as i drive

note it is about twice as thick as normal hardtop material and is carpeted inside! everyone loves them excpet some earlier version T TOPs leaked...but that has supposedly been fixed

hope that helps

Last edited:

BBG

I for one got one it is definitely a head Turner...... mine still screams jeep just with angry eyes lol.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
for how much you are spending on the top (even with you selling your oem hartop) they should just include it for free. I mean its almost like free advertising anyway.

JKFlyer

for how much you are spending on the top (even with you selling your oem hartop) they should just include it for free. I mean its almost like free advertising anyway.

They cost 280 on street and I'm getting for under 200 w free shipping. I'm not worried about the deal...I can still cancel it. Its more if its cheese or not.

Still has 7 slots but just not as long vertically.

I am 0n the fence

Top Bottom