Gears & axle up grades

David1tontj

I've been running g2s front and rear for a couple years.... Hard trail and rock abuse with no issues.. I've had the front end airborne and slammed down with a wide open throttle.. They have also been quiet and smooth (though that really depend on the install)

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

jkuone

I've been running g2s front and rear for a couple years.... Hard trail and rock abuse with no issues.. I've had the front end airborne and slammed down with a wide open throttle.. They have also been quiet and smooth (though that really depend on the install)

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Ok, I'am not much of a gear head the couple shops I've been to here the guys behind the counter seem to really push G2 . Hmm I don't know.....

Webe

even though I broke my G2 gears the second time out, I am happy withthe no questions asked warrantee. I boldly went where no D30 has gone before. lol. :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Gears are gears. They're all the same.

What he said, they are all made by the same South Korean company.

Axle shafts

The gold ones they make can be pretty good. I have seen two different versions of this at SEMA and one was clearly stamped with Foote Axle Made in the USA and the other... nothing. At ORE, they have had to grind a few down as well as they apparently came out of the box a bit too long. Not all, just some.

jkuone

even though I broke my G2 gears the second time out, I am happy withthe no questions asked warrantee. I boldly went where no D30 has gone before. lol. :rock:

Ok, just scratching my head so much stuff out there for a newbie.my plan: 4:56 gears,locker rear and front,chr Molly axles in the D30 sleeve and gusset D30.that should convince my mind I'll be ok on the trail . No hard core rock climbing for me! ( 2013 jku Auto,3:21s and 35s now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I'm more of the school of thought that the best no questions asked warranty is the one I never have to use. On the trail, they won't do you a whole lot of anything. Of course, that's just me.

Ok, just scratching my head so much stuff out there for a newbie.my plan: 4:56 gears,locker rear and front,chr Molly axles in the D30 sleeve and gusset D30.that should convince my mind I'll be ok on the trail . No hard core rock climbing for me! ( 2013 jku Auto,3:21s and 35s now.

The gussets and shafts are a good way to goo so long as the shafts come with full circle clips. Sleeves are unnecessary and I might hold off on them to save some money. I might also recommend that you go 4.88.

jkuone

I'm more of the school of thought that the best no questions asked warranty is the one I never have to use. On the trail, they won't do you a whole lot of anything. Of course, that's just me.

The gussets and shafts are a good way to goo so long as the shafts come with full circle clips. Sleeves are unnecessary and I might hold off on them to save some money. I might also recommend that you go 4.88.

Ok thanks for the input appreciete any help!!...

Top Bottom