Goodyear Duratracs a must!

JKUx

Today is the first time I had the opportunity to observe my jku with these tires in the snow and let me tell you I'm happy with the investment and I hope this helps anyone who isn't sure on what tire to get.

Here in NJ the roads are somewhat terrible and I live in a location where there are a lot of variations from flat to gradual then steep hills.

This is my dd and I searched for a tire that looked as good as it performs, it's quiet on the highway and the ride is fine, great dry and wet traction including SNOW, if your like me who has to go to work (car dealer/service consultant) no matter what the weather is like that day.

315/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac mounted on ProComp 7005 flat black 9in width w/4.75 backspacing no rubbing at all!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387070540.811483.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387070606.550776.jpg

aircrew423

ede6agaq.jpg

I can't wait to try mine out, I'm from Long Island but stationed down here in VA Beach... I am so jealous of the snow you guys are getting. Hopefully well see some when I head up in Jan.

JKUx

ede6agaq.jpg

I can't wait to try mine out, I'm from Long Island but stationed down here in VA Beach... I am so jealous of the snow you guys are getting. Hopefully well see some when I head up in Jan.

Haha, I love that color on your jeep, we have a guy in town with that color and it looks bad ass!

DallasJKU

I wish it would have snowed here in Dallas instead of 3" of ice last weekend. I have run DT's in snow before when I had my FJ. I will say the DT's are excellent in rain. Wish they had them in 37's.

2trackin

Had duratracs on my xj. Definitely a great snow tire. My 37 toyos I must say aren't quite as good. Maybe cause they float so much on the snow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKUx

I wish it would have snowed here in Dallas instead of 3" of ice last weekend. I have run DT's in snow before when I had my FJ. I will say the DT's are excellent in rain. Wish they had them in 37's.

I wouldn't even think twice if they had them in 37's.

Evilidea

Put my Nitto Terra Grapplers through about 10 miles of 14" snow today breaking trail as it seems no one has gone where I was heading since the snow started flying. They got me there and back out but they aren't as good in snow as I had hoped. Oh well they came with Jeep so when I replace tires I will either get Trail Grapplers or go back to Toyo MT's. For an AT though the Terra Grapplers are pretty good, I'm just used to having more bite in the snow.

2trackin

The only thing I didn't like about my duratracs is the Sidewalls. I didn't even wheel them hard and had to have three replaces under warranty from bulging out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Holeshot

Banned
I've been running mine for 25 000km now, only 5/32 gone so far. (18/32 new, 13/32 now) It's a good average, like 1/32 per 5000kms. Second winter, and still impressed. They sure aren't as good as a real winter ice tire, but they do perform good. My next set will be studded though.

I've been wheeling them in multiple kind of trails, from sand, rocks, mud, snow, for 2 complete seasons, and had no puncture at all, never had a flat. Only got one superficial cut on a sidewall.

I give this tire a 9/10, only because the biggest size is 35 :standing wave:

Brankz

Today is the first time I had the opportunity to observe my jku with these tires in the snow and let me tell you I'm happy with the investment and I hope this helps anyone who isn't sure on what tire to get.

Here in NJ the roads are somewhat terrible and I live in a location where there are a lot of variations from flat to gradual then steep hills.

This is my dd and I searched for a tire that looked as good as it performs, it's quiet on the highway and the ride is fine, great dry and wet traction including SNOW, if your like me who has to go to work (car dealer/service consultant) no matter what the weather is like that day.

315/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac mounted on ProComp 7005 flat black 9in width w/4.75 backspacing no rubbing at all!
View attachment 60233 View attachment 60234

Does 35s look BIG

CommandoOkie

The guys running 315/70/17, what psi you running for around town?

And mine only measure 33 3/4.

Would like a true 35 on the next round. But very happy with performance.

KPM171

The guys running 315/70/17, what psi you running for around town?

And mine only measure 33 3/4.

Would like a true 35 on the next round. But very happy with performance.
Wow, didn't realize they ran that small. Spec is 34.4" for the 315/70/r17's.

Holeshot

Banned
lol you can try if you want, but I would not recommand it unless you want your tire to wear unevenly :thinking:

Top Bottom