elocker gear help

lakejeep

okay guys I'm about to pull my hair out with this one. I sure hope y'all can help
I have a 2013 Wrangler Sport non Rubicon has 3.73 gears in it right now. I bought an Eaton e-locker part number 19747-010. this locker was advertised as 3.92 and up gear. I'm wanting to go with 4:10 gears so I bought a set online and in the process of building the rear end got the pinion yoke In and went to put the ring gear in with the locker would not fit ring gear was too thick. from what I understand I think I need what's called a non Rubicon gear set but when I search that for that I'm coming up with nothing can you guys please help in maybe finding me a part number for the right gear set.

Pushrod

Never done a overhaul myself but I have a friend that is a Chrysler dealership mechanic and they use a case spreader. Apparently it doesn't have to spread much but a little is required to get the ring gear into the case. Not sure this is what you refer to but you could post up a photo or two to help explain your dilemma.

lakejeep

Thank you pushrod but I got ahold of the guys at 4wd parts and he told me the bad news that the elocker was the wrong one. It is for a pre JK what be called a 4-series gear. All JK use a 3-series gear (thick gear) I have already drilled this locker for 7/16 bolts so I can't send it back so now it looks like I got one for sale lol.

If it was easy anyone could do it

David1tontj

Thank you pushrod but I got ahold of the guys at 4wd parts and he told me the bad news that the elocker was the wrong one. It is for a pre JK what be called a 4-series gear. All JK use a 3-series gear (thick gear) I have already drilled this locker for 7/16 bolts so I can't send it back so now it looks like I got one for sale lol.

If it was easy anyone could do it

That sucks! Hope you find someone who wants one!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Top Bottom