Fastback soft tops? Good and bad....opinions please.

BBG

Got a hard top but im thinking about getting a fastback soft top. Im not getting rid of my hard unless I fall in love with the soft top......lets get your opinions ladies and gentlemen.

TrailBear

You will lose a little space on the back, and it's a bit of a pain to get larger stuff in the back, I like mine when out in the bush, less to hit on a tree.

Spartan

Only up side I see is looks. Don't get me wrong I like the look, but never ended getting one because I would rather have the extra cargo space.

I love mine...both for looks and functionality. No bows to deal with...super portable easy off and on. I really don't see much of the lost space since my two Aussie shepherds are usually in the back. Up here in the Great NorthWET it's nice to have a quick and easy soft top option for the three or four months of "less rainy" weather! It doesn't seem to leak, but I have the hard top back on by the time the real rain sets in for 9 months.:icon_crazy:

570D0580-ACC4-4A38-B981-4B571C7B45E6_zpsfxyx1izr.jpg

There is nothing like Washington rain to find leaks. The rain there is funny like that, right Jeepster?:D

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Ed Lapadura

I love mine. I take the back windows out all the time. Getting stuff in the back is a pain with the back window in but it works for me IMG_9103 (640x539).jpg

mrmet1983

Look great but noisy and it take a lot longer to fully take top down in nice weather the top looks good but I wish mopar wud make one cuz bestop is pretty shitty IMO

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

2trackin

Look great but noisy and it take a lot longer to fully take top down in nice weather the top looks good but I wish mopar wud make one cuz bestop is pretty shitty IMO

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Bestop has been making the factory tops for Jeep since 1986. There is no Mopar top.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKFlyer

Love my trektop nx. Only time it ever leaks is if I am washing with power washer and shoot water directly in to a seam.

Its awesome. Trunk us a pain to get to if u need to fully open it...not just tailgate section....with unzipoering but well worth it for the fast back look IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1387117733992.jpg
    1387117733992.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

RockyJk

I'll have to disagree with mrmet my trek top makes a lot LESS noise than my stock soft top and doesn't leak water like my stock one did

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I bought my Bestop Twill Trektop NX several weeks back and absolutely love it........very easy to install....fit and finish is excellent :thumb:.....no leaks......everybody happy...happy...happy :yup:

Woodrow:beer:

image.jpg

Kluso

I've had mine a year and I like it. Had the windows out all spring, summer and fall. With the windows in it leaks just a little at the bottom of the zippers in the back window.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Your not happy with anything are you? Should have just kept your jeep stock.

bl17z90

Everyone has missed my facorite thing about the trektop. When you pull the windows out it becomes a bikini top whoch I love the looks of. Not to mention the new twill option is beautiful, too bad it costs over $1000

Sent from my phone?

Top Bottom