Yes another coilover thread asking for info

HLKSMSH

So I have a 2012 jku I want the 12" coilovers and I know they come pre tuned for my jeep. but my question is what are the upper and lower spring rates? and what are the coilovers set at?

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
It will depend on which coilovers you're asking about. They are tuned differently coils and springs. It also will depend on how much weight and cargo you typically are carrying. And finally, since they are adjustable, what lift you want.

HLKSMSH

Good point I was refering to the EVO bolt on coilovers. If now someone can answer my questions.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
With a 4 door I would recommend you order them with 250/300 coils in the back and 250/250 up front. Mine came with 200/250s on each one and I would sag and hit the bumpstops pretty easy in the back when loaded up with gear. Ordered a set of 300s for the back and moved a set of the 250s to the front. It works well now, but I think another 250 up front would allow you to not have to dial the fronts down so much to match the back and be level.

bl17z90

You could call offroad evolution and they could tell you everything you need to know.

Sent from my phone?

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
[SUB]I have the EVO coilovers. Two questions before I give my opinion to OP. are you running soft or hard top? And do you have a winch up front?

HLKSMSH

[SUB]I have the EVO coilovers. Two questions before I give my opinion to OP. are you running soft or hard top? And do you have a winch up front?

I have a soft top but I have the PSC brawler rockers and a PSC front bumper I will be adding the zeon 10 soon.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Ok. I'm running soft top and winch. The EVO coilovers come 200/200 in rear and 250/250 in front std. I found my rears bottoming. I don't like adjusting the the compression rings to much, though that has worked for some. In the rear I'm running 200/250 bottom. Minimal bottoming and at load, I crank them down between 1/2 in to 3/4 inch. Little bottoming, softer ride. My rears lifted between 4-4.5 inches. Front still std EVO config. However, I have adjusted about 2 " to get 4-4.5 lift. Been thinking about getting 250/300 upfront. Getting your rear dialed in is where most go back and forth since it has the most variable in weight load depending on your load out. Hope this helps.

HLKSMSH

Thanks for the info man that did help a lot I have read a lot about the springs having to be changed and living hear its a pain so want to get the order rite the first time.

Top Bottom