Progressive lift kit question.

big rick

I am looking to bump up 3" but can't afford to go with a long arm kit..which is what I eventually want. What company gives the best opportunity for me to progressively work my way from a budget booster to an all out 3" long arm kit over time? Any suggestions are extremely appreciated.

Big Rick

Big Rick
Go Chargers

904Jeep

From what I've heard is that Rock Krawler offers the best room for expandability. I've been considering going that route as well. I'm sure others will chime in on other options.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nothing really. If you buy short arms for a 3" lift your not going to be able to run them or modify them with a long arm. You could keep 3" coils from a short arm to a long arm but the arms would all need to be replaced. Just keep with a 2.5 for now.

big rick

Nothing really. If you buy short arms for a 3" lift your not going to be able to run them or modify them with a long arm. You could keep 3" coils from a short arm to a long arm but the arms would all need to be replaced. Just keep with a 2.5 for now.

Thanks for the info...thought that might be the case unfortunately.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey big rick, how big of a tire are you eventually wanting to run? The JK's come with pretty long arms right from the factory and I think you'd find that even running a set of 37's on them would be more than acceptable if setup right. Long arms are nice to have especially if you get up into the 4"+ range but, not essential to have.

Tcdawg

From what I've heard is that Rock Krawler offers the best room for expandability. I've been considering going that route as well. I'm sure others will chime in on other options.

Rock Krawler says exactly that but I have never understood why their components are any more expandable than any other brand. I have used a number of suspension components on a number of different jeeps. I Currently run Rock Krawler on my JK and am very much satisfied with their parts. But I still don't get the expandability thing, maybe someone can elighten me.

If I go out and buy some BDS or Synergy or Metalcloak springs. Later I can also add BDS or synergy or Metalcloak arms....or track bars....or drag links.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rock Krawler says exactly that but I have never understood why their components are any more expandable than any other brand. I have used a number of suspension components on a number of different jeeps. I Currently run Rock Krawler on my JK and am very much satisfied with their parts. But I still don't get the expandability thing, maybe someone can elighten me.

If I go out and buy some BDS or Synergy or Metalcloak springs. Later I can also add BDS or synergy or Metalcloak arms....or track bars....or drag links.

It's just a sales pitch and apparently, one that people buy into. As you have mentioned, you can use just about any JK part made by brand X with brand Y and Z. However, if you were to upgrade to long arms as the OP wants, you would need to ditch a lot of what you already have.

bl17z90

If you buy a nice set of adjustable short arms you would be able to get something back for them when you move up to long arms.

Top Bottom