Snow Chains

JK's JK

Banned
Hi Guys,

I'm looking into buying some snow chains for the jeep this winter. I've got 37x13.5x17 tires and wondering if its logical to buy the chains for on hand or not? Looks like they run a pair $95. Any recommendations on styles, types, or brands?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hi Guys,

I'm looking into buying some snow chains for the jeep this winter. I've got 37x13.5x17 tires and wondering if its logical to buy the chains for on hand or not? Looks like they run a pair $95. Any recommendations on styles, types, or brands?

With the mud grapplers you will not need them. Since they self clean I find myself always having traction with them. The only time I didn't was on ice for obvious reasons lol

Sent from my iPhone

gtony12

Caught the Bug
In my 44 years liven in calif. I have never used snow chains before. I have always had 4x4. Chp never made me use them. I gave only been to Big Bear and Mammoth. .
If that helps:thumbup:
Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK

Banned
Why the snow chains?

Do they have a need for them in Cali?

If you get in deep. Get gets feet in the sierras.

With the mud grapplers you will not need them. Since they self clean I find myself always having traction with them. The only time I didn't was on ice for obvious reasons lol

Sent from my iPhone

I havent been off road with them yet.

In my 44 years liven in calif. I have never used snow chains before. I have always had 4x4. Chp never made me use them. I gave only been to Big Bear and Mammoth. .
If that helps:thumbup:
Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm hoping for some deep full fun play in the snow!!! I'm sure my wife would beg to differ. :shock:

jeepwayoflife

Why the snow chains?

Do they have a need for them in Cali?

Where my cabin is in California gets 6-7+ feet per season on average. Other places get more. I've never needed chains on the road but have gotten stuck in snow up to my bumper offroad.

Indefatigable

Snow is such a false term used. Has nothing to do with chains really. Chains, tires etc are all designed with the name snow, but they are really all designed for use on ice.

What you want are ice chains. For traction on the ice. V-bar is a popular style. V-bar are custom made to fit your particular tires at your local tire shop that sells them.

Top Bottom