Does jkur 08 has one or two horns?

DWRAN

The water \ mud cause the horn to sound like @#$%.
I found only one horn right before the driver's headlight.
Is there a second one that i missed?
can i take it apart and clean it somehow? or it's closed part that if i open it i cant go back?
thanks you all!
Ran

Army_Vet

Banned
I don't believe they are serviceable. You may be able to spray some WD 40 in it and it may help

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
You can take it off and dump out any water and use a blow dryer to dry it out. It'll work after you do that. There is no second horn, just the spot for one

David1tontj

Except that a train horn is like 3 or 4 feet long and requires an air system... But you could upgrade to a louder electric horn fairly easily..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

redpatchjeff

can i take it apart and clean it somehow? or it's closed part that if i open it i cant go back?
thanks you all!
Ran

are you sure it was the water and mud? the horn sounds like shit from the factory :cheesy:

I got too much water in my horn from off roading and got the water out, it worked for a while after that but eventually stopped working completely. Dealer replaced it under warranty but not sure of your warranty situation

Devallee

I had the dealer replace mine about 3 times before they wouldn't do it anymore so I replaced it with these Piaa sports horns. They have these little protectors to keep water and debris out of em. Had em for about a year or so with no problems through water or mud. Pretty inexpensive and sound way better than stock :thumb:

Attachments

• 1387251761115.jpg
    1387251761115.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 33

snapfish

thanks you all!
Ran

my 2008 JKUR has only one horn. (yeah, it too sounded like @#$%)
I left it there and added (behind the front bumper) air horn with three trumpets from harborfreight (around 17 bux, and is very loud).

Top Bottom