Is it my water pump ?

BBG

Well I've been reading the threads on other forums about a noise the the water pump makes after a few thousand miles on the 2013 models. Grey goose is now making the same noise. I wanted to get some feedback from wayalife members about the situation agree or disagree. If this is true how come they haven't did a recall on this particular problem?

mrmet1983

Yes it sounds like the WP had mine replaced last week it's a high pitch squeak and it's not a recal cuz I assume it's not common "enough" for them to issue a recall but bring it to the dealer they will replace it for free if under warranty if not do it urself it's not that hard at all

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

DallasJKU

I think mine is making the noise also. I recorded it so I can play it for the dealer. Only hear it sporadically right now.

suicideking

Yeah, no recall because it doesn't really hurt performance and not a safety issue. Just an annoyance because it makes noise.

This is the noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Fg6eqioxY

Don't worry about it not making the noise at the dealer. It will get worse and will eventually make the noise most/all of the time. My dealer wouldn't do anything until it would consistently make the noise. Even after showing them this video when mine wouldn't make the noise all the time, they still wouldn't do anything. Told me to bring it back when it was making noise...

aldaman

Yeah, no recall because it doesn't really hurt performance and not a safety issue. Just an annoyance because it makes noise.

This is the noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Fg6eqioxY

Don't worry about it not making the noise at the dealer. It will get worse and will eventually make the noise most/all of the time. My dealer wouldn't do anything until it would consistently make the noise. Even after showing them this video when mine wouldn't make the noise all the time, they still wouldn't do anything. Told me to bring it back when it was making noise...

x2, dealer said the same to me as well....

aldaman :beer:

MikeLisa

From what the service manager told me they couldn't produce the Chrysler water pumps fast enough and had to go with an aftermarket pump. Its something with the bearings they used not being able to handle the high temp the Penstar motors run.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! What's the matter, don't trust what you hear on "other forums"?

To answer your question, yeah, it's common and we've even had to have ours replaced under warranty because of it. What sucks is that our replacement is already starting to go too and now we're out of warranty. Lots of guys have been seeing this and, as mentioned, it's not enough of a problem to warrant a recall.

BBG

Yeah I trust them, but I had to hear from the jeep guru (eddie) before I make that move lol.....

H8MUD

Is there a write-up on how to replace the water pump? Mine is leaking and have to replace it.

Jason W.

I took my 13 back to the dealer and they replaced it no question, mine only seemed to do it when it did a lot of idling on trail.

Top Bottom