Wave from Coweta, OK...

HiTekRedneck

...or "the sticks" if you live closer to Tulsa lol. Anyways, just signed up and thought I'd say hi to everyone :standing wave: Not new to the off road world, my wife and I have ridden ATVs all over the Ozark and Ouachita National Forests for many years. Long story short, after a few vehicle changes and getting tired of having to trailer the quads everywhere, I ended up with a 2009 JK Unlimited X back in the spring of 2012. Coming from a 2006 Z71, I wasn't much impressed with the power of the 3.8, but soon found this thing flat out kills it in an off road scenario...and requires much less room to maneuver around back in the trails. We usually just camp out and do some mild back country exploring, but have been known to tackle some tougher stuff if the mood strikes.

Up to this point I've mainly ditched some stuff from the factory (carpet, bumpers, misc plastic) and made a few small mods here and there (2.5" lift, Ruby rock rails & shocks, some armor). She is starting to look a little rough around the edges after bombing down many a tight tree lined trail, but I keep her in tip top mechanical condition. My current project is to ditch the rear seat and build up a sleeping, cooking, and gear storage platform in the back. Other than that, just do like everyone else, make your plans, save the money, modify as needed. Every step is making a very capable vehicle just that much more capable, at least for my needs.

2013 was the year of the motorcycle trips for us and I'm hoping that 2014 will be a "get the JK out more" kind of year, which will hopefully include K-Trail. So if anyone is ever around Oklahoma or Arkansas, give me a shout and maybe we can get together and ride sometime. Just so this isn't a boring post, I've included some pics from back in the woods. First is down by Clayton, OK; second is on the Buckhorn Trail in Arkansas.

AnyaClayton.jpeg

3.JPG

HiTekRedneck

Thanks. It's just the metal part under the stock plastic bumper that I cut the ends off to stubby it up some more. As time allows, I will be making a plate so I can remount the stock fog lights back in the holes.

Top Bottom